Chapter 23

'GASP'

She made a loud sound as she saw wolves inside the cottage which made her clasp her hands over her mouth quickly. Her body involuntary moved backward, it was like they didn't even see Alex's body, which she thought was good but also scary because they were after one person. Her. Just then, one of the wolves jumped on her but was soon pulled and thrown against the wall by Alex. The other wolves trembled back in fear as they saw Alex take the wolf by its neck and just before he could kill it, he felt a hand pull him back. It was Zoey, she shook her head no, but Alex growled at her but she stood her ground as she then tightened her grip on his arm.

"No, Alex.", she warned him but with a warm and soothing voice.

He let go of the wolf and immediately all the wolves ran away.

"Did you get hurt-", they both asked in unison.

Just then she laughed as she wrapped her arms around him tightly and hugged him as tight as possible as she teared up, he started to coo to her and hug her back tightly.

"Thank you so much Zoey...", he said as he placed a light kiss on her head. "But..you shouldn't have stayed, because I'm going to make sure I will never let go of you."

Present

"Zoey?", she heard Alex's voice which snapped her out from her daydreaming. "Are you okay?", he asked in a concerned voice.

"Yeah, I am.", she said as she smiled warmly.

(He's not telling me something...I know it...), she thought to herself. (What are you hiding Alex...?)

Night time

Zoey kept tossing and turning in her sleep, she had a bad dream. She dreamt that people were going to kidnap her and kill her.

'GASP'

Her forehead was dripping with sweat as she woke up. Despite her efforts to sleep, she was unable to do so. In the dark, Zoey walked to the refrigerator and stretched as she went. She poured herself a glass of milk and shut the fridge door. Then she saw a figure standing behind the fridge door and waiting for her with his muscular arms crossed, giving her the shock of her life.

As she fell unconscious, he said gruffly, "Hello, Zoey."

A few hours later

Zoey's head hung low until she could feel the water splashing on her face which woke her up.

"What the hell...", she yelped in shock.

"Mornin' princess.", the figure came closer to her and stopped at a distance to bow to her.

"You...who the hell are you and why am I here?", she said as she looked around to find herself tied to a chair with ropes.

"I would love to untie you, but knowing what you are capable of and what power you hold, it's safer for my men and me to stay a safe distance away from you.", he stated as he let out a chuckle. "Oh yes... where's my manners... I am Arthur Griffin, at your service m'lday.", he said as he bowed half of his body to her mockingly and winked at her.

"What...? Wait...' Griffin'?", Zoey said as she frowned in confusion.

"Yes love, but now thinking about it....I now know why my brother took such a liking to you, or should I say step-brother.", he said as he took a seat on a chair he brought to sit in front of her. "Oh! He didn't tell you...would he...? Then...I guess that means I still have time to give my spoilers to you."

"I don't get it...", she muttered under her breath.

"Oh you have nothing to worry about dear, after I explain everything to you it will all make sense.", he said as his men gave him a knife and an apple.

"You kidnapped me, how does that make sense?", she said as she watched him cut the apple and put a piece in his mouth.

"What is the difference between us if he did the same to you?", Arthur shrugged off. "He's just using you, don't you see?"

She stayed quiet in silence.

Meanwhile

Alexander woke up due to the sun shining in his eye. He had worked out, brushed his teeth, and had a shower, he noticed something was off though. The house was too quiet, around this time he would've heard music and Zoey's beautiful singing. But he didn't. The house was dead silent, so he decided to check her room he knocked on her door to see if she was there, but he got no reply so he decided to enter her room.

"Zoey? You're there?", he asked but his voice only echoed.

Alex saw her bed sheets were not dressed as if she had just woken up from her sleep.

(Where is she...?), he asked himself.

He decided to go into the kitchen to look for her but he stopped dead in his tracks as soon as he did and he could smell her blood.

"Oh god...", he uttered as he shuddered.

He got changed quickly and left the house. In the house, there was a club symbol on the wall, drawn with her blood, and said 'You know what to bring, brother dearest.'

.

.

.

"You are the descendant of the late and beautiful Queen Mary, her blood satisfied vampires, our father was the only man who met her before she could die.", he said as he huffed.

Her jaw dropped in shock until she finally found the courage to speak again. "Alex...does...he know about this?", she asked as her bottom lip quivered.

"Obviously! Otherwise, he wouldn't have manipulated you and blackmailed you into staying with him, huh...you're more daft than I thought you would be.", he stated as he tilted his head to one side.

"Ah well, it won't matter much after I kill you.", he shrugged off. "But first....I'm going to need your blood."

"ZOEY! ZOEY! WHERE ARE YOU!"

They could hear Alex yell at the top of his lungs.

"And let the show begin.", Arthur said.