Chapter 32

"Perfect.", his mother said quietly. "You've both passed the test."

"WHAT?", they said in unison.

"Well, my work is done.", Dante's mother said as she stood up from her seat. "I needed to see if you would be a gold digger, and I needed to see how strong my son's mindset is when it's set on something or someone to be exact."

Dante and Lily were left speechless as they turned their heads to look back at each other.

"I hope you two will have fun and take good care of each other.", Dante's mother said as she gave hugs to Lily and Dante.

She then gave Lily the two envelopes in her hand.

"Keep the money as a gift from a mother to daughter, so you can buy something beautiful for yourself. And keep the pictures as a souvenir darling.", she said as she kissed Lily's cheeks before she could leave.

Lily was so touched by this act that she actually started to tear up and she hugged his mother back, because she grew up without parents, and the only father figure she had was Leo.

Dante held her chin, turning it to face him.

"Yes?", Lily said sarcastically with a warm smile plastered on her face.

"Would you like to go out on our first date?", he asked as he gestured to the table that his mother and Lily were sitting at.

Lily chuckled.

"I'd be enlightened.", she stated as she took her seat and he pushed the chair in for her afterward.

The next day

Zoey groaned as she tried to wake up but to see that Alex's arms held her tightly and his leg was over hers. Zoey and Alex ended up diverting from the dress shopping and wedding plans just because they decided to go out on a date.

"Alex...", she said as she tried to push him away but she ended up falling out of the bed, which woke her up from her groggy state of mind.

"ALEX!", she yelled at him as she threw her pillow at him, but he caught it.

"Yes, love?", he asked sarcastically not knowing what he did wrong.

He realized what happened, he ended up falling asleep next to her after drawing doodles on her face because she kept losing the games they were playing the night before. Alex looked at her face in shock, he then bit the inside of his mouth to try and suppress his laughter but he soon gave up. He then burst out laughing at the animal doodles he had put on her face.

"Alex! Help me clean it up quickly! I have got to go to work in a few!", Zoey demanded frantically as she looked for her hairband and tied up her curly hair.

"Okay okay, I got you.", he stated lifting his hands up in surrender. "But first...let me take a picture!"

"ALEXXX!"

.

.

.

Zoey ended up sitting on a high bar stool after she got ready for work and waited there patiently as she pouted while Alex was trying to take off his masterpiece of her face gently.

"Alex?", she called quietly.

"Mm?"

"I'm getting late for work.", she stated pointing to the large clock a few feet away from them.

"Shush love, you're going to be Mr.s Griffin.", he stated as he gently rubbed her face with a wet cloth.

"That doesn't change the fact that I still have to go to work.", she stated.

"Then don't work.", he suggested.

"I want my own money.", she said as she rolled her eyes at his comment.

Alex just laughed to himself lightly.

"What's so funny?", she asked curiously.

"The last time you rolled your eyes at me, we were like a bear and a tiger in a cage fight.", he stated.

They just laughed together.

.

.

.

"Alright....here we are.", Alex stated as he pulled up the car. "Are you sure that I can't stay with you or keep you company or even walk you in?", he questioned Zoey like a lost puppy who wanted attention.

She almost gave in to him and she tried her best not to. Instead, she just kissed him on his cheek.

"No, you know you can't...", she added softly as she played with his curly hair.

"And why can't I?", he questioned further.

"You'll only distract me from working.", she stated as she let out a slight chuckle.

"Fine...", he groaned. "But when you come out of work, the rest of your day will be mine, understand?", he demanded which made her nod as he pulled her into a warm and kissed her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too.", Zoey said back before she could get out of the car.

Zoey pulled the straps of her bag over her shoulder as she walked in and huffed.

"Hey I'm so sorry for coming in late-", she froze on the spot looking at the person who was in front of her.

He looked so familiar to her but her mind just couldn't puzzle up who it really was. He had blonde hair and perfectly sea-blue eyes. His body tone looked strong and muscular and he was perfectly tall height. Her grip tightened on her bag.

(Even Alex looks better than him.), the thought crossed her mind to the point where she almost said it out loud.

(Something is not right...This is not good...This is bad news.), she thought to herself as she clenched her teeth tightly together.

He took a couple of steps closer to her, which instantly made her step back, he noticed it so he stayed at the spot he was that he was close enough to her to talk to her. Zoey then analyzed his uniform carefully and she looked around to see her best friend Lily, was not there. It made sense.

(Ah shit...he must be the new-), she was cut off from her thoughts as soon as he started to talk to her.

"Hey Zoe-Zoe, do you remember me?", he said as he tilted his head and gave her a warm smile.

Just then, Zoey's eyes widened in shock as she remembered something.

"Eddie?", she muttered under her breath softly.

The bell rang again as the next person entered the store, which made their heads turn.

"Hey Zoey, you left your cell phone in the car...", Alex's words trailed off as he saw Edward and how close he now was standing next to Zoey.

(Oh no.), she thought to herself.

A/N: Hii there! Please don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe! Enjoy~