Chapter 13

"Ah yes! Also, I'm so sorry for intruding on your moment with Alex.", Sabrina said as she barged herself into Zoey's room.

"O-oh...about that I'm so sorry...I felt like y'all had business to catch up on and that I was intruding.", Zoey said as she mumbled and fumbled around with her fingers.

"Well, I should get going, take care, Zoey.", she said as she dashed Zoey and walked out of the room.

"Take care too, Sabrina...",Zoey said as she waved to her with a plastered smile till Sabrina was finally out of sight." Argh...What a swine!", she said as she rolled her eyes and slammed the door.

Zoey knew about these types of people and she hated them to the bone. She called them 'The Swines', the one's who get paranoid and make it seem like they have a certain man who loves the but the man doesn't and they just make other people's lives miserable. Zoey read enough books and watched enough movies to know about these people, in her eyes...they were 'pathetic'.

Zoey wasn't planning on stealing anyone's man...but...she couldn't understand why she was so caught up in him. She never felt attraction so strong as this, all she could think about was his heavy, labored breathing, and his beautiful hypnotizing eyes that looked like whirlpools.

All she could imagine was his skin against hers as she danced across the room, she could feel goosebumps as she thought about how she sat on his lap and played with his hair and how later on, she played with his skin and she led her fingers to feel free and trail over him. This wasn't her, she wasn't used to this, but she didn't know there would be such a disaster before actually knowing him, or should we say... Sabrina...his ex-girlfriend. Her heart wasn't prepared for what was to come.

Later on that evening

Zoey worked out for a couple of hours with Damien in the gym, he knew karate, boxing, and different forms of martial arts, so she found it fun.

Zoey came from behind him and ran with such force, just then Damien turned around but it was too late until she wrapped her arms around his waist and bulldozed him over, which made her know on top of him.

"Gotcha!", she said as she got off him and lent him a hand to leverage on to get up."I guess...that makes 10 for me and leaves you at 9?"

Just then Damien grabbed onto her hand and pinned her down to the ground with him on top of her," No sweetheart, it's 10 for me now."

"Get off of me.", Zoey said as she glared at him unamused and he finally got up." You're such a cheater Damien!", she said as she yelled at him from behind as he started to walk away.

"And you need to stop being so trustworthy, I thought you used to kill people, what happened to you now? It's like you became soft!", Damien stated as he started to laugh at her and then drink his water.

Zoey flipped his bottle up at an angle which made the water drop on his face as she ran away laughing.

"I got 10 now!HAH!", she exclaimed as she started to walk away and flipped him off." Oh, and for your information... I didn't change.", she said as she threw him a wink.

"Wow! Real immature Zoey!", Damien said as he started to wipe his face.

"Unfortunately, I can't be too trustworthy, remember?", she said as she spread out her arms and left the gym.

.

.

.

"Aren't you going to do anything about that Alex?", Sabrina said as she wrapped her arms around Alex from behind.

Alex held both his fists so tight that his knuckles turned white.

"Get your  dirty hands off me right now.", he commanded in the deadliest and scariest voice ever which made her instantly remove her hands and walk away.

Sabrina was frustrated, angry, and jealous. Not once when they were together, did he show that kind of jealousy or anger when she was with another man, he treated her coldly. Alexander only dated her for the convenience of business, nothing more-nothing less. It was just a business proposal.

Alexander just stormed away into his office and decided to do his work, he kept aside because he wanted to spend time with 'someone', but unfortunately....someone showed up and ruined it. He always knew how sneaky and sly Sabrina was, that was one of the reasons why it didn't work out and he hated her so much.

He always considered everybody else dirty, even though it was ironic that he was a vampire. He hated the touch of 'humans' on his skin. But...with Zoey...he felt different, her touches ... felt sweet to him, just then he started to soothe around his neck and collarbone, where she touched him previously.

Meanwhile

Zoey had a nice steamy shower after the good workout she thought she had, but all her mind could ever focus on for the whole entire day was him. Alex. Even though Damien was close to her, his touch was never the same as Alex's. Her mind was filled with Alex and she had no idea why. It made her feel vulnerable, but she loved it...leaving her guard down for once.

Zoey went out of the bathroom and started to change into her casual clothes and thought about what she could do to talk to Alex and make him a bit happy and pleased with her.

"What the hell! This isn't me...Why am I so worried about how Alex sees me...", she muttered under her breath as she walked in a straight line, up and down her room.

Just then, Zoey came up with a brilliant idea. She decided to bake something special for Alex since he was in his office all day. She stacked the tray of cookies neatly as she walked slowly to Alex's office but soon stopped in her tracks as she heard a voice that made her shiver.

"Hello, Zoey."