Chapter 58

Zoey's Pov

I yanked my hand with a strong force from Damien after our encounter with Alex.

"What the hell, Damien?! Why did you do that? Do you know how it's going to reflect on me? I'm not going to be able to get Alexa back for you if you keep interfering.", I yelled at him.

But all Damien did was keep his head down and he was silent. Then I puzzled it up together and covered my mouth in shock.

"T-that....wasn't a lie....was it...?", I asked softly as I could feel tears trickle down my face.

"It is...I'm so sorry Zoey-"

"NO! You don't get to act like that! I..I...I can't live without Alex! How long did you even know this for?", I questioned him as I wiped the tears off my face and cut him off from talking.

"After you erased memories....you reset the bond again too...", he said.

"Wait...'reset'? What the hell...are you telling me that we were-"

"Yes, Zoey. You're my mate, that's how I was able to remember everything, because of the bond.", Damien huffed as he ran a hand through his hair.

I stayed quiet as I tried to process all of this information.

"Damien...I'm sorry....but....I need Alex...I can't let this happen. I promised him that I'd-"

"Oh cut the crap, Zoey. You're telling me you're doing all of this because of some stupid promise?!", Damien yelled at me.

"You have no right to talk to me like that, that promise means the world to me, dumbass.", I warned him sternly.

I started to walk back into the party.

"And where do you think you're going now?", Damien huffed out.

"I'm going to clear up the mess that you and the 'Moon' have made!", I yelled at him and started to walk faster toward the building.

As soon I opened the door, the light shone in my eyes, making me squint, just then, I could make out the image of Alex on one knee while he held open a black velvet material box with a shiny ring. I turned my head to see who the person Alex was proposing to was. My stomach started to cramp as I saw it was Sabrina. All the voices were muffled, I turned to Sabrina who started to nod her head uncontrollably as tears started to smudge her ugly makeup. Alex put the ring on her finger and hugged her with so much warmth on her face, which should have been me. I gasped in shock as tears started to form at the corners of my eyes.

Just then, Alex looked at me with a hard expression to read. His eyes had a deep feeling of sadness in them, mixed with anger, hatred, regret, and love. I could feel my body turn cold as I felt those emotions directed at me, maybe it was because of the blood bond we have.

I blinked my eyes again to find a big figure standing in front of me. I lifted my head up to see it was Edward and he was blocking the view of Alex from me.

"Don't cry in front of him. He's not worth it.", Edward stated calmly as he handed me his handkerchief.

I used it to wipe my tears away.

"Now...would you like to get out of this awful party with me, princess?", he asked as he let out his hand for me just like earlier on.

I chuckled and sniffled, replying to him.

"I would love to! But isn't this your party?", I questioned him.

"It looks like Sabrina and lover boy will keep the guests entertained.", Edward shrugged off.

Edward took my hand in his as we started to run away just like how we used to when we were little. I turned my head back to see Alex staring at me with his fists curled up tightly while Sabrina kept trying to throw herself at him, the sight which caused me to stop in my tracks. I tried my best to give off a good warm smile, but what showed was a painful one as I waved. Just then, Edward turned my face to face him with his hand as he placed a soft kiss on the corner of my lip leaving me wide-eyed. He then placed a hand on my back and we started to walk away.

We then ran across the garden and finally reached his sports car, Eddie took me on a long drive and after that, he took me for dinner and we started to talk about the good old days and had a good time. He really did try his best to distract me, that meant a lot to me, I must say.

Edward drove me home and we said goodnight to each other before he finally left.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad...

Next week

The intercom buzzed and I was called to his office. I knocked on his door and got the same response, I walked inside slowly. Alex didn't care to look at me, for god knows, I could have been an assassin sent here on a misssion to kill him, oh wait, I forgot, he's a vampire!

"Take a seat.", Alex demanded in a cold tone.

I just knew it...something bad was going to happen....'The calm before the storm' feeling. So I took a seat, not bothering to go against his order. Alex woke up from his seat and came over to me, creating some distance by leaning against the desk as he folded his arms.

"Keep your boyfriends in check.", Alex stated in a cold tone.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't know what you're talking about-"

That was all I could say until I gasped out in shock as I felt coffee being poured down from my hair, dripping onto my clothes.

"What the hell-"

"I didn't ask you to talk Miss Smith, did I?", he stated.

I kept quiet.

"Now you don't want to talk?", Alex stated as he laughed sinisterly.

"Sir, I do not have a boyfriend. My life is my job.", I stated as I clenched my fists.

He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "Then I guess I would have to make your life a living hell."

I stared him straight in the eye. I was angry.

"I know you're in there....you just won't admit to it. I don't understand why you would propose to her, but...you're going to end up feeling the pinch of my feelings in you.", I stated.

He kept quiet, I could see the rage in his eyes, he was never like this before, what changed him in the past? What can I do to change him into the person he was in the past?

And why the hell am I challenging my boss, right now?!

A/N : Hey guys, I'm so sorry for the late update, I wasn't really feeling well( and still not), so the updates might be a bit slow.