Chapter 30

The next day

Zoey choked on her iced tea as she heard the news from Lily.

"GIRL! WHAT!", Zoey exclaimed in shock as she wiped her mouth and left her ice tea back down and her eyes widened.

"Zoey, shush!", Lily whispered to her.

"Okay, okay wait...", Zoey said as she started to rub her temples as if she was stressed out, and then she looked at Lily with a poker face and started to laugh.

Zoey was never the type that dragged attention to herself, but she burst out laughing and applauding for Lily. Lily exhaled as she waited for Zoey to calm down.

They didn't work for the day because it was a national holiday, and they both had big news to tell each other, so it was a perfect 'Girl's day out.

"Are you about done?", Lily asked as she held her head with one hand leaning on the table.

"Yeah, I am now.", Zoey said as she gave one last big laugh. "So you're telling me that Dante confessed to you last night and you spent the night at his house?", Zoey asked as her eyes gleamed with excitement and amusement.

"Wait...", Lily huffed. "It's not what it seems like it was.", she added.

"Oh? Then I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't mind explaining to me the details?", Zoey stated as she gave a sly smirk and winked at Lily.

Lily sighed with a mixture of annoyance and embarrassment mixed with happiness.

"I've always known that you guys would work out!", Zoey squealed. " Especially after all the years of Dante liking you. Now I can finally rest knowing that my job has been completed.", Zoey said as she leaned back in her chair, finishing off the last bits of her iced tea.

Lily's eyes widened in shock.

"WAIT WHAT!", Lily exclaimed as she leaned forward. "You knew he liked me all along?", she questioned further.

Zoey nodded.

"Did you know that I liked him too?", Lily asked again.

Zoey nodded again like it was an obvious and noticeable thing.

"We had this plan, from the time we were small. We would hang out with each other and make it seem like he liked me, so he could make you get jealous. Thinking about it now...it's kind of a dumb thing to do...But now...he owes me my money.", Zoey said as she gave Lily a wink.

"Oh my word...", Lily said as she huffed, facepalming herself and leaning back in her chair. "So anyways, what's the news with you?", Lily questioned Zoey playfully which made Zoey freeze in shock and then her cheeks lighted up slightly giving off a pink.

"Uhm...so...you see...", Zoey's voice trailed off.

"Well? What is it?", Lily prodded at her.

"I'm going to need a bride's maid.", she said, and then she started to squeal a little and then stopped to see that Lily was not responding.

"Uhm...Lily...? Are you oka-", Zoey's voice was soon cut off by Lily's high-pitched squeals, which were way higher than Zoey's.

Lily got off her chair and she jumped up and down for joy. All Zoey could do was warmly smile at her. Just then, she remembered something. She pulled a beautiful ring out of her pocket and put it on her ring finger, starting to flash it.

Lily took her seat same time as she pulled Zoey's hand closer and examined the ring.

"It's that hottie, isn't it?", Lily asked.

Zoey nodded.

"GIRL WHAT!", Lily exclaimed. "Details! Right now!", Lily demanded as she slammed her hand to the table they were sitting at.

"Nah uh! First I want to know what went down with you and Dante last night!", Zoey fought back.

"He took me to his house, tried to confess but he couldn't, so he pinned me down and kissed me. We ended up spending the night in his house, but nothing happened. We just basically caught up on everything he missed out in this town and I felt sleepy, so he said I could sleep at his place for the night. I had no option. It was more like a command.", Lily said as she shrugged seeming as if it was nothing.

But Zoey knew how excited Lily was, and she was happy for Lily. Lily always wanted to put up a front for people, to show that she wouldn't be affected, but she couldn't really do the same with Zoey, because Zoey understood her more than Lily understood herself. That was what made their friendship so unique and special.

"Your story now girl!", Lily demanded.

"So, we broke up due to our differences, and because dad didn't accept him.", Zoey stated.

"Ah...well...your father is a tough cookie to crack since he cares about you.", Lily said.

"Oh! I know that very well!", Zoey said as she threw her hands in the air and emphasized every word that came past her lips.

"So what happened?", Lily asked.

"Alex brought me back, I could barely eat without Alex crossing my mind, and just yesterday, he was sitting comfortably on the couch in the house!", Zoey exclaimed. He even planned everything, he set up roses, wine, candles, and even the ring!"

"Damn girl...", Lily said as she forced each word out of her mouth in shock. "Wait, wait!"

"What?", Zoey asked in confusion.

"Does your dad know about this and what did he say?", Lily asked, since she was always the type who preferred being safe than sorry, Lily was overprotective too when it came to her best friends. "I'm shocked that he didn't find it all too soon."

"Yeah so am I shocked, apparently, my dad called him!", Zoey exclaimed.

The two girls celebrated every moment like it was their last.

Meanwhile

A muscular man with dirty blonde hair picked up his phone after sweating after exercising.

"The flight is booked sir.", the man on the other side of the phone inform the guy with dirty blonde hair.

He ran his hand through his hair as he adjusted his posture and stood straight up.

"Good.", he cut the call.

"It's been a long time, my dear.", the man whispered to himself as he held an old photo in his hand and caressed the face of the young lady, which seemed to be her.

"I'm coming home soon, Zoey."