6. The homecoming of CapCan and Macho

Once breakfast was eaten, Can exclaimed elatedly, "Well, we're ready to go, Macho!"

"OK, CapCan! Then I'll take care of the wings and the anchor, since those are the roles you reserved for poor Macho..." replied Sanem standing at attention.

"Mh, I sense a slight accusatory tone towards me..." commented Can.

"Well, am I wrong Capcan or did you not make me practice anything else? You were afraid I would break the boat! That I was incapable! Admit it!" Sanem accused him.

"Nooo, love, are you kidding! You are so good at this! And you are able to do anything. I believe in you, you know, but the seas we faced are not easy. They weren't for me, who have a bit more experience in travelling, let alone for my beautiful Macho, who, however good, is still a beginner. If there had been a breakdown, for example, in the Galapagos area, it would not have been easy to solve, you see? And then the sea is unpredictable. No matter how much you think you know it, in a moment it surprises you and you no longer know how to handle it. I had to fight and live with that," Can said, then looking at his wife's sullen expression, he continued. "I did it for your sake! And I wanted you to enjoy the journey." he tried to convince her.

"OK, OK, then I'll remove the anchor and then I'll go and finish collecting the last things around the cabin," huffed Sanem.

"No, no, no. Where are you running off to? I have a surprise for you, remember?"

"Ah, that's right.... and what is this surprise?" glowered Sanem.

"To all the talk I gave you now there is a BUT," said Can.

"In what sense?" asked his wife.

"In the sense that everything I said about the sea is true, but today there is a new captain on board.... CapMacho!"

"What? Me? Really? I've been promoted?" exclaimed Sanem on a high.

"Yes, you'll be driving the boat home today."

"Ah, Can!" Sanem threw her arms around her husband's neck, filling his cheek with kisses.

"You're great at it anyway, with your photographic memory you'll surely remember every notion of driving," Can sarcastically urged her, catching his wife's weakness.

"Ah!" Sanem cleared her throat giving herself a tone.... "Sure, sure...right." Inside, she knew she didn't remember that much about the technical notions Can had taught her, because she was too busy watching him during class to pay attention to anything else.

"Come on, show me what you can do, CapMacho!" urged Can. "Ah, but first every self-respecting commander must have his captain's hat. Wait here."

Can went down to the cabin and returned shortly afterwards with the hats that Cey Cey and the rest of the Fikri Harika crew had given him before their false departure, that is, before Can lost his memory in the car accident.

He placed the captain's hat on his wife's head and he put on the sailor's cap that Sanem usually wore.

"That's it, perfect! Now CapMacho..." he said taking her by the hand and leading her in front of one of the boat's two helms.

"What's this one called, do you remember?" Can asked amused.

"Pss... " Sanem looked at him with the face of one who knows a lot about it. "That's the steering wheel!" she exclaimed.

"Not really, that's from the car, at sea it's called... how?"

Sanem thought about it for a moment... "Wait... mhh."

"I'll give you a hint. It starts with the letter R." said Can.

"R- r- ru.... RUDDER!" exclaimed Sanem suddenly.

"Well done, my love, well done!" Can told hugging her.

"You saw that I knew it! Ah, now with this, you made me remember all the technical notions I knew about the boat." she gassed herself.

"Good, you also remember how to start the boat?" he then asked her.

"I turn this!" Said Sanem, turning the rudder left and right.

"With that you decide the direction, but to turn it on?" insisted Can.

"Um... a little help?" asked Sanem shamefacedly.

"Alright, we'll do this part together so we'll be safe." Can guided Sanem's hands to press the boat's start button, remove the anchor, and get familiar with the starting manoeuvres. Once started, they steered the helm together for a while with Can's hands accompanying Sanem's. Then, once they were underway and on the right course, Can left the helm in the captain's hands.

"Oh my God, Can! I'm really steering it! I can't believe it! Now I've even become a captain and a sea woman!"

"And what a sea woman!" said Can winking at her endearingly and blowing her a kiss.

"Scoundrel!" Sanem in reply sent another kiss. "Well, let's say that before there was only a mountain man turned into a sea man and now we have a neighbourhood girl turned into a full-fledged sea woman. The sailor has found his muse!" she said.

"OK, sea woman, now the helm is all yours." Can told her. "I'll stay here, and enjoy the voyage, the beautiful sunny summer day, the clear cloudless sky and the light breeze due to the movement of the boat... and most of all, the view."

And by "view", Can didn't exactly mean the landscape around him, however worthy of a glance. But he meant the marvellous creature in front of him. His muse with her gaze focused on the guide, her face lit up by her smile, her long, sun-bleached windblown hair, a beautiful golden tan in which her perfect smile stood out, all framed by a toe-length, off-the-shoulder white dress with a slit that allowed a glimpse of her legs as she moved, and on which high, slave-style sandals stood out. The dress had a V-neck on the décolleté that ended with a cross of laces at the back, leaving part of the back uncovered. In Can's eyes that was a heavenly vision. He was daydreaming. She was a Greek goddess who left him speechless. So he picked up his camera and without a second thought started shooting.

____________________________

Hello reader :)

Thank you for reading chapter six as well.If you like, please leave me a comment. 

Until the next one!