45. The launch of the trilogy

The fateful day had arrived. They had already organised with the children. The grandparents would keep them: Aziz and Mihriban. Can was already ready and waiting for Sanem in the living room. As soon as she reached him, they left.

"By the way, how do I look?" she asked him as they got into the car.

"You look great. Very professional. And I really like the pins you put on. Are you inspired by anyone in particular?" he asked her smiling.

"Mh, a certain Can Divit, do you know him?" replied Sanem.

"Ah, I've heard of him." Can played along.

"He's a man who launches fashions." admitted his wife.

"Really?" he said.

"Yeah." she replied.

"Then I'll start following him." replied Can winking at him.

Sanem was wearing a white talleur. From which she had hung three pins, each depicting her children: a wave of the sea, a flame and a star. It was a way of having them with her, as the book was dedicated to them.

The presentation was to be held at the Opera House. In that same theatre where it all began. Only this time there were no lodges. On that day, the stage would be her place.

The closer they got to the theatre, the more the excitement began to build.

When they arrived in front of the red carpet laid out for the occasion, Can got out of the car and, like a great knight, opened the door and helped her down. The photographers began to shoot. Since the first book, Sanem's fame had grown exponentially, and being married to Can, this always created a big boom for journalists. Sanem posed for the photographers together with her husband, then he, seeing her somewhat bewildered, took her by the hand and they both went inside. The moment Can intertwined his fingers with hers, the excitement disappeared.

As soon as they entered, Sanem greeted the representative of the American publishing house who had arrived in Istanbul for the occasion. Once she had exchanged a few words with him, she warned Can that she would pop to the toilet before going on stage.

"Alright, I'll be waiting for you in the front row then." he said, kissing her on the cheek. "Good luck, baby." he wished her.

She ran to the bathroom passing by the spiral staircase she now knew very well. She looked at it quickly and said: "No, you don't fool me tonight. I will be on stage."

And she went into the bathroom.

Meanwhile Can had a surprise in store for Sanem. The children were on the street with their grandparents. He had told them to bring them here. He wanted them to be present during the speech. He already knew more or less the timing of his wife's speech and although he was not absolutely sure, he had told Cey Cey, who was in charge of the lights, to be ready to cast a soft light on him as soon as he gave the signal.

Sanem took the stage followed by a roar of applause. Many well-known newspapers were present to ask questions and inquire. In fact, after an initial presentation, the round of questions began. Sanem answered everyone, signed copies and when it seemed that the presentation was coming to an end and that the plan could not go ahead, it was time to say thank you. The lights went out and only one light came on above Sanem.

"I would like to give special thanks. I would like to thank my publishing house, the publisher who has always stood by me and his representative who is here today. I would like to thank all of you who have come here today. I thank the journalists and those who are most curious, for the questions. I thank the agency, Fikri Harika for this event. But in particular, I want to thank my husband, my Albatross, the love of my life and the father of my children, for the inspiration." Sanem said, looking Can fixedly in the eyes. "If it were not for him this book would not exist, just like all the others." she declared. "So, I publicly thank you for the support and for being the very first fan of my stories, always ready to see them come to life." said Sanem confidently, sending a kiss with her hand in his direction. "And finally, I would like to thank three special creatures... to whom this trilogy is dedicated." said Sanem moved.