9. Home sweet home

Upon reaching the estate, Sanem immediately felt at peace. Relaxed. Peaceful. The place had such a capacity to make her feel good that she couldn't explain. She looked around. Everything was as she had left it. The green garden, the hammock, the little bridge leading to the outdoor table. Even the ottomans and armchairs were already placed outside where she had arranged them in her time. He immediately thought of Mihiriban. Surely it had been her. "Ah, what a dear sister Mihriban is!" Sanem thought to herself.

They arrived at the steps of her old loft and Can immediately saw an envelope taped to the entrance window.

"Sanem!" Can said, pointing at the envelope.

On it was written "TO TWO SPECIAL PEOPLE."

Can peeled the envelope off the glass and handed it to Sanem who opened it and read aloud.

"Welcome my dear children,

I hope everything is to your liking. I have made arrangements so that your arrival is as comfortable as possible and you can settle in comfortably. Everything is proceeding as arranged. No one will disturb you, except for yours truly tonight, who cannot wait to embrace you again. Know that!

Welcome back!

Your Mihriban. :)"

"Ah, Sister Mihiriban... how nice!" said Sanem with an easy tear.

"Ah, yes that was really nice." confirmed Can. "Come on let's go inside."

Sanem took her keys and opened the door. She was about to enter when Can stopped her.

"Wait, no, no, stop!"

Can placed the suitcases on the ground and with a flourish took Sanem in his arms.

"Ahh! Can! Can! What are you doing?"

"A proper entrance! I'm taking my wife across the threshold, as tradition!"

"Ah, how romantic!" she exclaimed.

Sanem put her arms around his neck as he carried her to the sofa. He gently placed her on his lap once he was seated. Sanem took Can's face in her hands and kissed him, Can responded to her kiss with passion.

"Mh, that's a welcome, my little wife!"

"Scoundrel!" She said laughing and then... "Welcome home, my husband!"

"Well, technically it's not really our home but..." said Can.

"Ah, how?! You heard what Mihriban told us, right? Don't say such a thing in front of her or she will be offended for life with us." Sanem warned him.

Then looking around she continued:

"I like this place so much! It's strange but every time I'm here I feel at peace with myself. I feel at home. This place is good for my soul. There is nature, clean air, tranquillity. There is everything. And there's you!" Said Sanem, stroking Can's face.

"I really like this place too. There's the sea, there's the forest, the clean air, the tranquillity.... It reminds me a bit of our old hut! That feeling of freedom from the outside world. That's why I was saying earlier that 'it's not technically our home' but it feels like it. When you feel you belong somewhere even though it's not yours materially, that's it,' he pointed out.

"I see what you mean. We need to talk about our future plans." said Sanem.

"As much as Mihiriban gave me the keys to the house saying it is mine, it is not materially mine. And I know we can't take too much advantage of her kindness, but for now I think it's the best solution for us."