49. Memoirs

Dear Diary,

again. It has happened again. Life has been so full of surprises recently that I have found it difficult to sit down, gather my thoughts and tell you everything. But here I am at last. Two years after that day, many things have changed. There are many new things.

But let us start in order.

The last page I wrote was almost two years ago now. I told you about Cey Cey's marriage proposal to Ayhan. Well, I want to start from there. Those who married before them, to everyone's surprise, were Aziz and Mihriban. They were influenced by Cey Cey's timely proposal. So in one day, they set the date and just in front of me, Can, Leyla and Emre got married. It was like reliving my sister's wedding. So fast and in secret! But that was their wish. They didn't want to wait any longer. Since they had returned, their complicity was through the roof and they finally fulfilled their dream. Ever since they were young, they had thought that sooner or later they would marry, but then fate had put them through several battles, from which they now, in the sight of God, emerged victorious.

And come to think of it, fate had already knocked at Mihriban's door. At my wedding, it was her who caught the bouquet! Anyway, back to us... I had never seen Can's father so happy. He was completely reborn. Who knows how long he had been dreaming of that moment! Once it was announced to everyone, they decided to celebrate at the estate with the whole family, including their dear grandchildren and the whole agency. At the bouquet toss the lucky one was Deren! Who knows! If it's roses, it will bloom, they say.

Speaking of grandchildren! My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Ilker. He is a sweetheart! He turned one year old recently and we are all in love with him. Upon his arrival, my parents jumped for joy. He has blue eyes and straight blond hair like his mum, but his facial features are his dad's.

Other news was the arrival of Mrs Huma and my uncle Mitat. My mother-in-law finally met her grandchildren. She has seen them periodically by videocall since they were born. She was very excited to meet her new nephew, and being fed up with the tour, she took a plane and joined us, with my uncle in tow. We had nice dinners. It is nice to see the whole family having fun and being a child again thanks to the grandchildren. And Huma showed a maternal sense that I did not expect to see. Perhaps as she 'matured' she mellowed, and the mother in her came out, or perhaps, more likely, she sees her children in those grandchildren. Anyway, fortunately there was no clash between Huma and Mihriban. Aziz strongly wanted to avoid meeting her so as not to have marriage problems. Therefore, he took his wife on a mini-cruise in his yacht in those days. 'A little honeymoon' is what he called it. Huma and my uncle did not stay long. Their stay in Turkey ended after a few days.

Then... Ah! Of course we celebrated Ayhan and Cey Cey's wedding. Everything went as it should. Osman knew it would. Can had warned him. He was very excited about his sister and more. The wedding held a surprise. Adile was pregnant. Ayhan could not have received better news on that lucky day. She was to become an aunt. Osman was really happy to become a father. He was always very good with children. Deniz, Yildiz and Ates adore him, although they don't see him often.

Once husband and wife, Cey Cey and Ayhan went on their honeymoon. The destination was a gift from both companies. The Sanem and Fikri Harika. They would stay in New york. They both loved big metropolitan cities. In fact, staying on the subject, thanks to his contacts, Osman gave them a beautiful flat in the centre of Istanbul. Just as they wished. On the way, they were also planning to stop at the village of Cey Cey. How many times did I try to get Ayhan to tell me the name of that mysterious village! How many! But nothing! She had become an accomplice to that secret by now. Anyway, i was very sad when she left the loft. It had been so nice to have her as a neighbour again! But needs change. Lives change. And I am glad that my dearest friend and sister has found her way.

Staying on the sentimental theme, Bulut and Deren's relationship is going well. And Metin... seems to have come to terms with it. Who knows!

The situation between Muzo and Deniz is different. He took it very badly not to be Cey Cey's best man... whom he regarded as a brother. Since then he has changed. He completely pushed Deniz out of his life, and no amount of bickering with Ayhan and Cey Cey helped to make him realise his bad behaviour. In my opinion, with the absence of Ayhan and Cey Cey, he will realise how important Deniz was to him. And present, despite everything. In the meantime, however, the latter did not lose heart at all, and indeed reacted to his anger with equal determination. At the umpteenth fight in the middle of the agency, she called him a child. I still remember her words. "You are only a child! Grow up! You must grow up, otherwise you will remain alone like a dog, dear Muzo. Do you want to be alone? Fine! Stay alone, think and psychoanalyse yourself. Perhaps you will realise that in what you call misfortune, you were luckier than you thought! And when, and if ever, you realise that... it will be too late." That speech was met with applause from the entire Fikri Harika. Without realising it, he had given the team a mad charge. I too found myself clapping without even realising it. She was magnificent. She had flames in her eyes. I had never seen Deniz so angry and determined. She turned his back on him and went on her way, literally. That scene was also witnessed that day by Metin, who was surprised by that girl's determination. From there, much to everyone's surprise, our dear lawyer started using the company's therapy service with Deniz. A way to get to know her better, I presume. Not surprisingly, the therapy sessions became more and more frequent. And some time later, it turned out that the two were dating, according to Can.

After those words, I no longer had any doubts. It was her who was to replace Ayhan until her return. And... not only that, with Can we decided to entrust her with the task of boosting the team's morale in times of need. A kind of moral coach. She was enthusiastic about it. She started throwing herself into her work and slowly became happier and happier. The same could not be said of Muzo.

At work, however, things were going very well. The new line of children's creams has come out and is enjoying great success. And given the market demand, we are working on new products and new fragrances. My third book Phoenix and the Albatross is about to be published, and in the agency we are working on the cover. Fikri Harika has been voted the most important advertising agency in the whole of Turkey, because of its seriousness, values, quality of work and location. If we think back to the time when we did not pass the inspection for the lack of a relaxation room, I would say that we have come a little way! We are all very proud of this recognition. First of all Aziz, to whom we dedicated the award on live TV. I'll stop here for the moment. Who knows what other surprises life has in store for us?

We will see.

Sanem

_____________________________

Hello Reader :)

Thank you for reading the 49th chapter. 

I look forward to seeing you in the next one. 

In the meantime, if you like, leave me a comment.