11. Sister Mihriban

It was almost 7pm. Can and Sanem had done their shopping and some errands for the estate. They had spent the afternoon moving a few things around in the creamery and then turned their attention to the vegetable garden.

Sanem wanted to free poor Can scarecrow-dolma from all that brush. Despite the busy day with so many things to do, they were not tired, in fact they were having a great time. They had been there for several hours now, they had lost track of time. They teased each other and at one point, after finally freeing Can's cartoon and removing all the grass, Sanem exclaimed: "Ah, my dear Can you are saved!" Then she added: I promised to save you... from this savage!" she emphasised the last words, looking in the direction of her husband.

Then Can answered her: "Ah, I am a savage, am I?"

"Absolutely!" replied Sanem proudly.

"If I catch you, I'll show you how wild I am!" said Can to her. "Come here, where are you running to?!" he shouted to her.

Sanem started running through the garden, hiding behind a pile of gathered weeds. She filled her hands with those weeds and as soon as she heard Can's footsteps approaching, she waited until he was as close as possible, and stepping outside, she threw them at him to distract him. Then he ran away. But Can, despite the weeds in his face, managed to catch her, held her tightly to him and took revenge in the only possible way. He began to tickle her, while she wriggled around laughing and begging him to stop. Meanwhile, that joyful laughter had not gone unnoticed. Someone had just returned to the estate and instinctively, almost running, had followed the spot from which that laughter arose, with a sudden surge of joy. It was her. Mihriban, who had just returned to the estate and was standing motionless at the entrance to the garden. She was confronted by a very sweet and amusing scene. Can was tickling Sanem and she was laughing and shouting back: 'All right, I was joking, you're not a savage, all right, love. Come on, help! Stop it! I'm ticklish! Can! Can!"

Can did not want to give in, so Sanem said to him, "You want war, huh? And war it is! You know I know what your weakness is, don't you Can?

"Ah, you won't dare." He provoked her.

"You think so? I will dare, and how dare I! If you don't stop tickling me."

Sanem knew that Can, in general, was not ticklish. Also because physically he was like steel.

Where was he supposed to be ticklish?

But since they were married, he had discovered his weak point enough to annoy him. It was enough for someone to tickle him behind the ears, especially if it was done with something fine, like a stick or for example a blade of grass. And since Can was full of the weeds Sanem had thrown at him, she immediately took the opportunity to go on the attack. But he promptly grabbed her waist with one hand, holding her down, while with the other he took the sprayer for watering plants and pointed it at her.

"And now Sanem Divit, how shall we put it? Do you give up?"

Mihriban meanwhile had become spellbound looking at them. They were a joy to behold and had finally brought cheerfulness, colour and happiness back to the estate.

Seeing them again had brought back many memories in Mihriban, whose eyes were filling with tears. Sanem, now trapped, became aware of someone's presence and looking over Can's shoulder shouted, "Mihriban!"

Can thinking it was a way to escape the trap, said:

"Yeah right, like I don't know you! You're using the 'there's a person' tactic to distract me and escape, I know! And it's not working, my dear wifey!"