7. Tatoo

The neckline perfectly framed the tattoo Sanem had wanted to get in the Galapagos. At the very spot where she hid the moonstone ring she wore around her neck under her clothes. At that spot Sanem decided to get a tattoo of a small Phoenix losing a feather. The feather had a very personal and important meaning for Sanem. She had many memories that bound her to it. For her, the feather represented writing, her dream of becoming a writer, but also Can. In fact Divit literally means goose feather. And of course the Phoenix represented her. Her rebirth from the ashes, who rises again despite everything and everyone.

As she explained to Can in the forest:

"It doesn't matter if you burn and for how long you burn... sooner or later you find a way to rise and be reborn from your ashes."

And the fact that the Phoenix loses a feather represents that it has departed and left a mark on those left behind. The feather somehow represents not only a trace to be found, but also a hope of fulfilling what one wants, of taking flight and making it to the end of the journey in search of oneself. And considering that it is precisely Albatrosses, according to legend, the birds that start the journey in search of themselves and if they succeed they become Phoenix, well... Sanem thought there could be no better place to tattoo the Phoenix than in the Galapagos, the home of the Albatrosses, as the epilogue to their story. The desire to tattoo it in the centre of his chest, right where he held the ring with the white moonstone was intrinsic in meaning.

The first: The white moonstone represents the visible part of a person, the part that only those who look with love can see. That is the point closest to the heart and is where her husband Can, her anchor and her Albatross is.

Second: For the reference to the Egyptian legend about the position of the ring on the ring finger, according to which there was a vein from the ring finger to the heart, which is why the ring of two lovers is placed there.

And third: To honour the Phoenix in her novel, as well as herself.

______________________________

Hello reader :)

Thank you for reading the seventh chapter. If you'd like to leave me a comment.

Until the next one!