39. Surprise within a surprise

Eventually Osman accepted Sanem's job offer. He would act as Hercules in her commercial. And much to her surprise, he willingly accepted Ayhan's wishes. Of course he was sorry. But Adile was a great intermediary between the two. At the end of the meeting, with both Osman's managers and his wife, Sanem was over the moon. Her childhood best friend was going to work with her!

Can was happy too. It had been a long time since he had seen Sanem so happy and carefree. Complete. She knew very well how important Ayhan was to her.

"Uh, looks like someone else here is happy too!" said Sanem touching her belly. Instinctively she took Can's hand and Ayhan's hand and placed it on top of her belly. "Ah! I felt that!" exclaimed Ayhan.

"That was nice and loud!" exclaimed Can.

"Yeah! Did you hear that?!" said Sanem almost moved.

"Come on Ayhan, come and pick your spot." Sanem invited her.

"Now?" she asked surprised.

"Now! Yes! Why not?" answered Sanem in turn.

"Let's go then." she took her by the arm.

"Ah, just like old times. It's a joy to see them together again! And it's been a long time since I've seen my sister so happy!" exclaimed Osman as he approached Can.

"Sanem told me that she misses Istanbul a bit." he replied.

"Yes, she admitted as much. The truth is that I was blind and selfish. I should have taken better care of my sister. In fact, she was the one who took care of me first, and then us." said Osman looking at his wife.

"I think it is more than fair for Ayhan to make his own decisions now. Let her think a little more about herself. If that is what she wants, we are with her." Adile replied confidently.

"It's good that you support each other like this." Can replied.

"That's how it works in the family!" replied Adile.

"Osman, I know it's none of my business, but... you know right? That Cey Cey is here. Now that Ayhan goes back to Istanbul, he will see him more often, and..." he dropped the sentence Can letting the rest be implied.

"I know, I know. I've been thinking about it all night. But I can't lock up my sister forever. I am her big brother and I will always protect her, but if I respect her decisions, I have to take that kind of situation into account too. And so I did. We'll see." he said with a shrug.

"Can, I know I can trust you. I speak to you like a brother. Please keep an eye on her when you can." Osman asked him, resting a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry. With me and Sanem, nothing will happen to her." he immediately reassured him.

"Ah, I have to start looking for a place to stay here in the city." Ayhan remembered back with Sanem.

"Ah! Can in this you are very good! And you have connections. Could you help her?" asked Sanem.

"Sure, no problem. I'll make a few phone calls." she replied quietly.

"However, you don't have to feel obliged to leave in a hurry just because you are a guest with us, eh!" replied Sanem.

"Sanem is right. There is room for everyone at the estate." said Can.

"You can stay in the loft for as long as you want." Sanem reminded her.

"Thank you Can, thank you, sister. You are very kind. I will only stay as long as it takes to find an apartment. I don't want to disturb you any further." Ayhan replied.