46. Three: the perfect number

It was a quiet morning, the birds were chirping happily outside the window. Can and Sanem were still in bed. She was sound asleep. He had heard her getting up during the night. The children were clamouring for her. She was exhausted. That's why she slept so deeply. And Can would let her sleep, because that day would be special. Sanem had no idea, but her husband had surprises in store for her. He was already awake and loaded. He watched his wife sleep blissfully and then got up. He decided to take a nice shower. When he finished, he found her still there, in the same position. So he went around the bed, pressed a kiss on her head and headed for the children's room. The baby monitor spoke volumes. Someone else was already ready to jump into bed.

Deniz was already active. He was standing on the cot, holding on to the wooden grate. As soon as he saw daddy, he gave him a big smile and began to spring on his legs like a madman. Can immediately picked him up and then sat down on the bed.

"Good morning little rascal! As mama would say! Today, is daddy who give the good morning to you."

Yes, it was usually Sanem who said good morning to the little ones. Can had already run off to the agency by then, but before he went, he would always drop by to give each of them a kiss. "Mh, let's see... now let's get ready and get pretty for Mama, shall we?" he said to Deniz.

"Mama." he said.

"Yes, mama." repeated Can.

"Hoplà." he picked him up and carried him to the changing table. The nappy change was smooth. But when he got to dress him, he realised he was not as good as he thought.

"Shh! Don't tell mummy. Good thing she can't see me. It's hard to wear these clothes." he whispered.

He chose an outfit very similar to his style. Small jeans and a little white T-shirt, with a small sweatshirt on top. It was adorable. He had also thought about a little hat, which he tried on Deniz, but it didn't seem to meet his taste, since he took it off all the time, so he desisted.

"OK, no bonnet. You'll be simple. Easy. You're still too small, otherwise a nice ring or necklace would have definitely enriched your look. Still, you look great. High five." Can had taught all three of them to tap five.

Then he heard the two little sisters waking up.

"Oh, the princesses woke up too." said Can.

"Come." he picked up Deniz, placed him on the mat, their fenced play area, and devoted himself to the little sisters.

"Now, to the two of us. Good morning, Ates. Good morning Yildiz." he said, stroking their little cheeks.

He took them in her arms, and once they were cleaned and changed, came the choice of clothes.

"Mh, let's see what we have here." Can said opening the girls' wardrobe. "I would opt for this one and this one here, let's see." he said. He had chosen a little pink schiapparelli dress that was very reminiscent of the princely dress she had given Sanem in the caravan that in the past would take her to the party organised by Fabbri.

She dressed Ates in that dress. Perhaps it was too elegant, but everything was allowed today. First, because it was her father who dressed them, and second, because it was a special day.

For Yildiz, however, she opted for a long white T-shirt to wear as a dress. It had a mock necklace with a star printed in the centre. To it, he decided to match some flesh-coloured stockings, and on her feet he decided to put white socks with red stripes on the top. He pulled them up to below the knee. He did not choose shoes because they would have played on the mat. Just the socks. He looked at all three and was satisfied with the choices he made. Sanem would have been absolutely impressed.