19. Metin

Metin arrived with his usual lawyerly look. A light grey suit muted only by a white t-shirt. Very smart shoes. As soon as he arrived, the first thing his eye fell on was Deren. Metin had always had a secret crush on her. And that had always made him shy and awkward. He felt so awkward around her that he was almost like a teenager on his first crush. He didn't know what to say, how to say it, how to be noticed. And when he saw her company, he felt a certain annoyance.

"Metin!" exclaimed Sanem reaching out to Can.

"Metin? Welcome! What are you doing here?" asked Can surprised.

"Brother, does this seem like the way to welcome your best friend after all this time?"

"No, sorry! Come here!" exclaimed Can.

"Let me give you a hug, lion!" said Metin, "What happen to you? Wanderer!"

"Let's just say I realised a dream." said Can looking at Sanem as he hugged Metin.

"Oh! Yeah! By the way! Congratulations, guys!" exclaimed Metin melting out of the hug as he looked at Sanem.

"Sanem Divit! What a beauty! Can, may I?" he asked to his best friend.

"Go." he replied.

Metin hugged Sanem.

"Welcome Metin! What a pleasure! Long time no see!" said Sanem affectionately.

"See? This is a welcome! Your wife got it!" replied Metin mocking his best friend a little.

"Eh, you know I'm not very good at this." replied Can.

"I know." said Metin with a smile.

"But my wife is much warmer than me, that's for sure!" said Can clutching Sanem to him. He kissed her on the temple.

"Don't say that Can. You are also very warm when you want to be... you just don't want to admit it!" replied his wife.

"That's it, that's good, Sanem. I totally agree. Did you hear that?" replied Metin looking at Can.

"You married a good woman, Can. Keep hold of her! Ah, you guys I'm so happy for you! It's good to see you so peaceful after all you've been through."

"What about you... how did you know we were here? I was going to call you tomorrow morning to let you know." Can said.

"Let's say someone ratted us out." said Metin looking at Emre.

"My fault!" admitted Emre raising a hand in surrender. "I thought you might like to hug your "brother" again." joked Emre.

"That's it. Here we go again. The usual jealous man." said Metin looking at Can.

"I'm going to hug him too, otherwise, phew! who can hear him! Come here!" said Metin heading towards Emre.

In the process Can replied to Emre.

"Of course I'm pleased, brother. I was puzzled for a moment because I didn't expect it, but of course it's a nice surprise. Thank you Emre!" Can raised the glass of whiskey in his hand towards him.

"You're welcome brother." Emre replied, raising the glass of sparkling wine towards him.

When Can returned after his solo boat trip, Metin, after Sanem, was the first on the list of people he owed an apology to. Can contacted him and they met. Metin was shocked by his best friend's new look and how the sea had changed him. They clarified and caught up on their lives. Can told about Yigit, Sanem and her book, his behaviour, Sanem's separation and therapy. It was a heart-to-heart talk. The two re-established the bond they had always had, based on esteem, respect and absolute loyalty for each other. So it was before the wedding, that Can asked Metin to take care of not only some legal matters that concerned him personally, but also some business matters if necessary.