40. The nursery

After the party was over and greeted everyone, Can dragged Sanem by the hand, towards home.

"Can why are you dragging me?" She asked him.

"Come, there's something I need to show you." he replied.

"What? What else do you have in store for me? So you spoil me!" she replied.

"Mh, I like spoiling my wife." said Can kissing her suddenly.

"Can? You are euphoric tonight! What's going on?" she asked.

"I am happy. I'm always happy with you, but tonight I have an extra reason to be." he admitted.

"You took a friend for Haydut to the animal shelter!" she exclaimed out of the blue with her eyes sparkling with joy.

"Hmm? Are you trying to guess? OK. No, it's not a friend for Haydut." replied Can letting her in with a spin.

"Hmm...what else could it be then.... Ah! The photos from the trip! You've decided to show them to me!" she replied thoughtfully.

"Hmm, no, but I'm working on it." he answered her.

"Still? But how much longer will I have to wait to see them!? When our children go to university and you and I are old?" she answered her peremptorily.

"Ah, exaggerated! Have a little patience and you'll see!" he exclaimed.

"OK. But hurry up!" she told her decisively.

"OK." he replied, positioning himself behind her.

"What are you doing?" she asked puzzled.

"I will now cover your eyes with my hands." he warned her. I will guide you and you will be silent. Alright?" he instructed her.

"Alright." she replied simply, silencing herself.

He did as he said and led her down the corridor, in front of a door, the one to the left of their room. He opened it without being heard. He let her in and in her ear whispered: "Are you ready?"

"Ah, so I can talk now?" she asked.

"Yes." he replied.

"Okay, then I'm ready!" she exclaimed.

Can took his hands away from Sanem's eyes. She opened them slowly and looked around.

"The nursery!" she exclaimed. "But when... when did all this happen? "she asked shocked.

Her mouth was wide open. She looked at Can who smiled at her expression. She took the opportunity to take a picture of her. In front of her were the three beds already assembled and arranged, each with their curtains and name carved in wood, hanging on the wall.

Still speechless, she approached the cots and looked inside. She noticed some details that moved her. The covers were embroidered with the symbols of their names. In one, the waves of the sea, in another the little stars, and in the last a small flame just as she had always wanted. She reached out to touch them.

"Your mum embroidered them." Can let her know.

Sanem smiled touched. "I thought so. I recognise her style."

She raised her head to the wooden inscriptions of their names.

"I made them." Can admitted.

"What, you? No way!" she exclaimed in surprise.

He replied by nodding his head.

"How? You're lying! How did you make these? Really?" exclaimed Sanem incredulously.