25. Not a farewell, but a goodbye

When they arrived at the estate, Deniz and Bulut were loading baskets of fruit and vegetables into the pick-up truck to take to the village. Can parked next to them. He helped Sanem out of the car and walked over to give Deniz a hand.

MEANWHILE...

Mihriban took advantage of the moment of solitude and left the house dragging a trolley. Deniz and Bulut were in the village. And Can and Sanem would not be back until evening, She thought. It was the right time. She could not bear goodbyes. In her hand she clutched a letter. She took a deep breath and set off. As she waited for the taxi to arrive, decided to pass, one last time, through the vegetable garden. It was easier to say goodbye to her plants than to the people who lived with her. Then she arrived at the house with a swimming pool, where Aziz had been staying. She opened it, went inside, walked around and looked for the perfect spot. She placed the envelope on a spice rack on the top of the large kitchen island, so that it was clearly visible from the entrance. The envelope clearly read: "FOR CAN & SANEM".

Then she went out, closed the door and walked to the car park to wait for the taxi she had called. She arrived there with her head down, tears in her eyes. She stopped when she heard herself being called.

"Mihriban!"

She looked up and saw that they were all there. Can, Sanem, Bulut and Deniz staring at her. She was taken aback. And in that instant she noticed how everyone's gaze went from her face to the suitcase she was carrying. Now it was done. She had to face them. She wiped the tears from her eyes, took a deep breath, unleashed one of her smiles and approached.

"Sister Mihriban? What is that suitcase? What are you hiding in it?" asked Bulut.

"By any chance, have you decided to take my advice and go to a yoga class?" asked Deniz.

"We can accompany you, just in case. We are going to the village. It's on the way." said Bulut.

"No, guys. Thank you. No need." Mihriban said in a broken voice, holding back tears.

Can, who was closest to her, reached out a hand and laid it on her shoulder in comfort. "Sister Mihriban, are you all right? Where are you going?"

Mihriban exchanged a fleeting glance with Sanem. She had understood correctly.

Sanem stood petrified, her wide eyes unconsciously filling with tears. "No..." said Sanem with her voice barely coming out, not taking her eyes off hers.

"Guys, I'm leaving," said Mihriban.

"What?!" exclaimed Deniz.

"What?!" exclaimed Bulut.

"Why?" asked Sanem.

"Where?" asked Can.

"I'm going to Cuba. I'm going to reach your father. I have to talk to him face to face. Volkan, as you know has flown there. He called yesterday, found a lot of useful information. He photographed Selim with several people, he is still investigating at the moment. I decided to leave for that too. There's nothing I can do from here now. And I need to follow this story myself and see it through. I can't sit still and wait for someone to give me information. I need to be present. See and understand with my own eyes... and act accordingly." she explained, trying to be as convincing as possible.

"Mihriban, are you crazy? This is dangerous!" exclaimed Sanem.

"Why? For his father is not dangerous?" exclaimed Mihriban fiercely.

Everyone became petrified.

She continued. "He is! He is dangerous. And he is doing it despite the fact that he has nothing to do with it. And despite his health condition. And I can't stand it. I can't bear the idea that he is risking so much for me. I MUST go." she scanned the words well and strongly.