35. The announcement

Sanem had resumed working from home. It was the end of week 14 and in the agency it was beginning to be difficult to hide her belly. The last few weeks had been very intense for Sanem. She had organised the arrangement of the furniture by video call and on Sundays, when the agency was closed, he had popped in, in person with Can, to make arrangements and set up. The Sanem was now ready to be shown to everyone. And husband and wife decided to take advantage of the coincidence in timing between the completion of the work at the Sanem and the end of the first trimester of pregnancy to announce it to everyone during the small inauguration they were to give a few days later. The offices were already operational, and Bulut and Deniz were already working in their rooms. Only the final preparations were missing. Sanem had also already made arrangements to postpone some arrangements. With the pregnancy, the publication and subsequent presentation would happen towards the last months of pregnancy, so talking to the American publisher and explaining the reason, they decided to publish the whole trilogy at once, after the birth. Therefore, Sanem, from home, was devoting herself not only to the first, but also to the revision of the other two volumes. In the meantime, the advertising for the creams was well underway at the agency and they had reached an agreement for advertising with all the partners. Eventually Leyla convinced Emre, and there was no longer any problem in contacting Osman. Sanem had also discussed it with Can and he was happy with the idea.

Leyla and Emre also had news. They had finally managed to buy back the Divit house. And now they were in the middle of renovation. At the news, Nihat and Mevkibe sulked for a few days, then went back to business as usual. Mevkibe was all: "Ah, Leyla, why don't you put this, why don't you do this, blah, blah, blah." This was the price they had to pay for getting out of the neighbourhood for good. Nihat was happy for them. He knew the house, and was happy that he could get there simply by a few metro stops. It seemed to Leyla and Emre that they would have to marry again. In the end, Nihat intervened to save them, putting an end to his wife's pressure. Meanwhile, Sanem decided that she would contact Osman and Ayhan after the inauguration to tell them the happy news as well.

First, however, she had to finish taking care of the inauguration, so she called his mother. Mevkibe would obviously have prepared something, otherwise it would not have been her.

The day of the ultrasound examination also arrived. It was an important day because if all went well they would finally know the sexes.

Can and Sanem arrived at the doctor's excitedly, holding hands. Sanem lay down on the couch and once her belly was exposed, the ultrasound scan began. Can never let go of her hand. According to the doctor, there were two girls and a boy, but it was difficult to determine the sex of the third child because it was hidden. It could not be seen from any angle. She pointed out that with a twin pregnancy it was normal not to be able to see them completely. But with the next examinations due a few weeks later, she would surely have confirmation or not of what she had predicted.

Leaving the hospital, Can hugged Sanem.

"Ah, two girls." she said with soft eyes stroking her belly.

Can stroked it too. "And a cute baby boy... so it seems." he said remembering the doctor's words.

That evening, on the porch, on the sofa of the future family home, Can sat with Sanem's head lying on a pillow in his lap. As he stroked her hair, they fantasised about their children.

"I imagine the little boy like you. With your eyes, long hair..." said Sanem.

"And maybe daddy's beard too!" said Can jokingly.

"Come on, Can..." she said laughing.

"A mini Can?" he said.

"Yes, a little Can. Adventurous, playful, active, sporty...and lively."