30. The family house

Dinner time arrived. Once back at the estate, Can and Sanem had spent the afternoon in various activities, strictly in the open air. Can had taken care of some matters with Bulut. Sanem had spent a few hours correcting the book and then had reached the vegetable garden. She had watered her plants, picked some flowers for the evening table and had a nice bath.

Can had not given up her running and her exercises.

They had no problem with dinner. Mama Mevkibe had left them everything she had brought to the office. The portions were so large that it would have fed the whole agency if the team had not been out to lunch. Can had set the table on the porch of the new house. Emre and Leyla arrived while Can and Sanem were sitting on the sofa outside.

"Ah, there you are!" exclaimed Emre.

"Good evening!" greeted Sanem.

"Ah, you have arrived, good evening. Welcome!" Can exclaimed.

They greeted each other one by one.

"What brings you here? I thought we were eating at your place at the loft. What's that? You don't want to let us in? Are you hiding something from us?" asked Leyla jokingly.

"No, well..." said Can and Sanem simultaneously exchanging a look. "Welcome to our home!" they exclaimed.

"Legally." added Can.

"What? What do you mean 'yours'?" asked Emre.

"Can and I are the new rightful owners of both this cottage and the loft." said Sanem pointing to two houses.

"Ah!" exclaimed Leyla surprised.

"What about Mrs Mihriban?" asked Emre then.

"It was really her. Mrs Mihriban gave us this whole part of the estate, including the surrounding lands."

"What!!! Really?" asked Leyla shocked.

"Wow! But...how's that possbile?" asked Emre.

"Come, have a seat. We'll tell you all about it, but first I'll pour you a nice glass of wine. You'll need it." said Can.

Can also handed a glass to Sanem.

"No, love. I don't want it tonight. I don't feel like it." she replied refusing it.

"Are you sure? Look this is not too strong. You can safely drink it if you want." he added.

"No, better not. I'm fine like this. I'll have a glass of water." she said decisively.

"OK, I'll bring it to you right away." replied her husband thoughtfully.

Can returned with the glass of water for his wife.

"Here you go." he said handing it to her.

"Thank you." she replied, smiling at him.

"Come on, then tell us about it!" said Leyla who, out of curiosity, was no longer excited.

Can and Sanem explained the whole story of Mihriban, his mother, Aziz's role and Selim's story and how out of Mihriban's decision to leave, the donation of the house to them came about.

Leyla and Emre were shocked. But they were happy for them. They congratulated themselves. They could really see them in that house.

"So Mrs Mihriban will never come back?" her sister asked in amazement.

"No, of course she will come back! But only when the situation has been resolved." replied Can.

"She basically gave everything to you and left her house and a piece of land for herself, did I misunderstand?" asked Emre puzzled.