24. For every beautiful thing

Sanem walked back and forth to the office. She had dressed in her best that morning. She had even worn heels. She hadn't slept the whole night. Even Can hadn't been able to calm her down. In fact, in the attempt, he had fallen asleep. She hadn't. She couldn't sit still, so she got up and went to the kitchen to make herself a chamomile tea. It was stronger than she was. Her brain was racing. She was thinking, pondering, planning. No. She had to write down what was in her mind. She took the cup of camomile tea, the notepad she always had at hand there in the living room, and curled up in a corner of the sofa with her knees raised to support her. She opened it and began to write down the project that was forming in her head. She was thrilled. As she wrote, she drew sketches of rooms, colours, designs of whatever was on her mind. The more she wrote, the more she realised that each piece of the puzzle was finding its place. She did not even realise the hours had passed. She had moved from the living room to the kitchen counter, to the stairs outside the house, so that when Can woke up he found her still sitting there with yet another steaming mug in her hand and her notepad on her lap.

"Good morning my love." Can said coming up behind her. He stopped behind her and took her face in his hands, bending her backwards towards him to press a kiss to her forehead.

"Good morning love." said Sanem.

"How early you are today. Is the early bird back?" commented Can.

"I haven't slept all night." she replied.

Can meanwhile sat down on the first step next to her.

"Why? Did you have an inspiration? Do you have a new story ready to be told?" he asked happily for her.

"No, I'm nervous. I can't keep still. I even had several cups of chamomile tea but nothing. I feel a bit like Deren when she has a caffeine spike." she replied.

"And why is that?" he asked.

"Because of the purchase proposal." she replied agitatedly.

"Ah!" exclaimed Can relieved. "But you mustn't take it like that, otherwise you'll be worse off. Come here."

Can spread his large arms to seat Sanem against his chest. She hugged him, entwining her hands behind his back. Tight as a little girl hugged her favourite teddy bear.

"Let's see if this can help you." He wrapped her in his arms, stroking her hair. It was a gesture he always did to make her relax, and usually she always collapsed into a deep sleep.

"And what did you write?" he asked looking at the notepad beside her.

"I was so restless. My head was racing. So I grabbed the first notepad at hand and started writing down everything I could think of about the project. And Can. I couldn't stop. The more I went on, the more ideas came to me... and as I wrote, it was like everything found its place, you know? That's why I'm nervous. And if they didn't accept our offer and we lost that place, none of this would be possible." he said pointing to the notebook.

"Is it so important to you that it has to be that the place?"

"Yes, Can. That place is perfect for us. For everyone who could be a part of it. Not just us. I've written everything here. I've already thought about the team, the design, some ideas for the décor, and we have all the talents we need to be able to make it happen... right now the only thing we need, is that phone to ring," Sanem replied, pointing to her mobile phone on top of the closed notepad.

"Can I read?" asked Can pointing at it.

"What? Ah! Of course! You don't even have to ask! You have to read it! Then you'll understand!" Sanem reached out, took the notepad resting behind her and handed it to him. Then she added: "I won't tell you anything, I swear! You must read it yourself. But one thing I must admit: I think I've outdone myself. This is the most brilliant idea I could have ever had." Then he got up abruptly, and ran into the room. "I'll let you read in peace. I'm going to take a shower and then get ready. I'm curious to see your face at the end of this! ' she shouted at him as she ran down the corridor, in the direction of the room.