43. -1

The planned delivery was one week away.

Sanem woke up early, she couldn't sleep. She struggled to get up, made herself a nice herbal infusion and sat down at the table outside. Can was already awake. He had gone for a run. She had left him a note. That morning his mother would not be with her. In fact, she saw her leave very early. She had to accompany Nihat to a diabetic check-up. And she breathed. Back from running, she and Can had breakfast together in the kitchen. Then her husband said goodbye to her and her baby bump, told her to rest and ran to the agency. He would call her at lunchtime, as was now the custom. Aziz, on his son's instruction, dropped by to say hello to Sanem with an excuse, and the morning passed quietly for both Can and Sanem.

At lunchtime, as was the custom of late, Can locked himself in the office on videocall with his wife. They had lunch together at a distance. In the afternoon, after having a rest, Mihriban came by Sanem's place. They exchanged a chat and walked together to the vegetable garden, where Mihriban stopped to remove some weeds, while she enjoyed shooting water at the plants with the dispenser. It was the only leisure she had at that time, but it also had its complications. All that water stimulated an immense urge to pee. She told Mihriban that she would go home two seconds and come back. "Are you sure you don't want me to accompany you, Sanem?" Mihiriban asked her.

"I am sure. Ugh, I'm not sick." she replied. "I just need to pee."

"Alright, but don't get upset." Mihriban replied to her. Instinctively, without thinking, Sanem continued on the path, stretching her way back home. When she realised this, she decided that the nearest place was the loft. She tried to hurry, because the pressure on her bladder was uncontrollable. She was already out of breath. Arriving in the middle of the garden, just as she was passing the hammock, she realised that she was completely wet.

"Damn. What a shame! I peed my pants! I can't believe it! Really Sanem? Well done! What are you!? Are you a five year old girl? Come on, you're also about to become a mum of triplets! Uff!" She looked at the green dress she was wearing. No matter how cold the season was, she was always warm. One of the many gifts of pregnancy.

She was soaked from the legs down. But there was something strange. It was too much 'water' to be pee. And it was just as she realised, that she felt a strong contraction. Like she had never felt before. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't stand. "Ahhh!" she shouted out. "Mihribaaaannnn!"shouted then.

Mihriban snapped as soon as he heard Sanem's shout. Aziz, who in the meantime had joined Mihriban in the garden, also ran immediately.

"Sanemmm!!! Sanemmm!" they both shouted.

Mihriban and Aziz reached her, and when they saw her in that condition, they immediately understood.

"Help!" said Sanem. "My water broke! Ahhh!" she cried.

Another contraction.

"Oh my God! Sanem!" Mihriban immediately ran beside her. She took her by the arm.

Aziz, meanwhile, was panicking.

"Aziz... what are you doing? Move!" Mihiriban asked her.

"Sanem, calm down. Breathe deeply, OK? Everything will be fine." tried Mihriban to encourage her.

"Cannnn! Cann! Call Can!" she shouted.

"Aziz, call Can!" shouted Mihiriban again.

"We have to call the ambulance before Can!" he exclaimed, unlocking himself.

"And call then, no?!" said Mihriban apprehensively.

Aziz looked for the phone in his pocket.

"What is it?" she asked seeing him feeling his pockets.