36. Sometimes they return

The next few days were a succession of phone calls. Can called his mother to tell her the happy news. Huma was shocked. She kept repeating that she was not yet ready to have three grandchildren. It made her feel old. But she was really very happy for them.

When they called Daddy Aziz, however, they were pleased to see that Mihriban was there with him. And it seemed that things were back to normal between them. They confirmed this themselves. Can and Sanem were very happy about this. They had hoped for this from the first moment.

"Yes, my children, Aziz and I are back together. Isn't that true, my love?"

"It's true." he replied.

"Ah, we are really happy for you!" said Sanem clapping.

"But why did you guys call us so suddenly?" asked Aziz.

"Here, we have something to tell you." replied Can.

Sanem stood up and showed her growing baby bump on video call.

"Aaaaah! My God I can't believe it! Sanem!" exclaimed Mihriban jumping out of his chair.

"We are going to be parents!" exclaimed Can and Sanem in unison.

"Ah! Son, you couldn't have given us better news. We are going to be grandparents, Mihriban!" Aziz, was completely elated. They both stood up and hugged each other in happiness.

"I could feel it, my daughter!" said Mihriban. "I could feel it."

"E? How many months old are you?" he asked her.

"I just entered the fifth month." Sanem replied.

"Ah! And. tell us, do you know the sex?" asked Aziz.

"Um, actually we have one more thing to tell you." said Can looking at Sanem.

"It's three. We're having triplets!" said Sanem making three with his fingers and then unrolling the string of ultrasound scans in front of the phone.

"What?!" exclaimed Aziz and Mihriban. "Three?"

"Yes. You will have three grandchildren. Are you happy dad?" asked Can.

"Uhm... am I happy, son? I'm over the moon! I can't wait to hold them in my arms!" he exclaimed.

"Ah, Sanem how are you feeling?" asked Mihriban immediately elated and worried at the same time.

"I'm fine, you see, the nausea is disappearing and I'm becoming more myself again." she replied.

"Yes, but she needs to rest and take it easy. She must not fatigue, so the doctor said." added Can.

"But do you know the sexes?" asked Aziz again.

"Here, let's say... sort of. It's difficult to establish. According to the doctor, it is certain that there is a boy and a girl, but the third one cannot be seen well yet." replied Sanem.

"Ah!" exclaimed Aziz and Miriban excitedly in chorus.

"Hopefully we'll have confirmation at the next ultrasound." replied Can.

"Already we hope." said Sanem.

"Ah, my children, I am so happy for you. Ah, I can just imagine your parents, Sanem! I wonder how excited they'll be!" exclaimed Mihriban.

"Ah, yes. My mother has already started crocheting outfits." admitted Sanem.

"And my father has offered to help us with the move." he added.

"Moving? What moving?" asked Mihriban.

"Ah, Mihriban we decided to move to the new house. It's bigger and suitable for five of us." replied Can.