41. The new member of "The Sanem"

That morning in the creative department of Fikri Harika there was the usual buzz. Cey Cey running around with the coffee tray. Muzo carrying campaign folders up and down in the archive. Deren shouting for coffee as She instructed the team on their tasks. The general panic of the team due to Mrs Deren's anxiety was driving everyone to madness. The only impeccable ones remained Emre and Leyla. So locked in their respective offices that they seemed out of this world. As Deren took yet another coffee break of the morning, sitting at Cey Cey's counter, she complained.

"Ufff! But when are Can and Sanem coming this morning? We have a lot of things to review! I need them!"

"Mrs Deren, it's only 9 a.m. Give them time to arrive! Take it easy, eh! He's been spinning like a top for the creative department since 8 o'clock! If she keeps this up, I wonder what she'll be doing at noon!" replied Cey Cey resentfully.

"Ah, Cey Cey don't you get involved too!" was her reply.

"They will come! They will come, don't worry! In the meantime why don't you take drugs again... I meant, in the meantime why don't you drink your coffee...? It's hot. Freshly brewed!" he shot back.

Deren glowered at him.

"Watch out Cey Cey! I have no patience at all today!" she warned him, gobbling down another sip of coffee.

Cey Cey commented in an inaudible whisper, "And when does she ever have it..." Then he looked at her with satisfaction. He had honed his technique by now. When Mrs Deren was in that state, the only way was to spike her beloved coffee with some natural soothing agent. A combination of herbs she had asked Sanem for. She did not know the purpose of such a request, she thought they were for him, but instead.... Cey Cey, following an old recipe from her grandmother, had learnt to spice up Mrs Deren's coffee with this mix of herbs from which she made an infusion. He had done many trials before adding it to Derosh's cup, and had finally managed to find the perfect solution and mixture. It did not alter the taste of the coffee at all. On the contrary, it gave it that personal touch that Deren herself seemed to appreciate more and more lately. He watched her gobble it all down like a sponge. Then she stood up. And as she turned around, she saw Can and Sanem coming.

"Ah, there they are!" exclaimed Deren.

"Did you see that, Mrs Deren? All you needed was a little patience, I told you." commented Cey Cey, being a smart-ass.

Deren and Cey Cey saw that Ayhan was with them. She and Sanem headed towards the lift, while Mr Can continued towards his office.

"Isn't that Ayhan?" asked Deren puzzled. "Cey Cey, didn't you say she was leaving last night after the party with her brother Osman and sister-in-law Adile?"

Cey Cey had become enchanted.

"Cey Cey!" called Deren suddenly to unlock him.

Cey Cey made such a splash that the coffee brick in his hand jumped with him, creating a tidal wave that flooded the whole counter.

He poured it all over himself. It was boiling hot.

"Cey Cey, watch out!" shouted Deren.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Cey Cey started screaming all over the office. He bolted, disappearing into the bathroom. He could still be heard screaming.

"Ah, Cey Cey, did you get burnt?" asked Deren, running to the bathroom door.

"What's going on?" asked Muzo desperately coming running from upstairs. "Cengiz? My friend, what happened?" he said passing Mrs Deren and then disappearing into the gents.