8. The arrival

They arrived on time. Can took care of the mooring manoeuvres. Sanem, as soon as she saw that the boat was approaching the dock, immediately started to get agitated and called Can at the top of her voice. She panicked. She did not know what to do. So her husband took charge of the situation and manoeuvred. Sanem threw in the wings and the anchor at the right moment.

It was done, they were back!

"We have arrived," said Can. "Give me five, CapMacho, good job. Really! Good teamwork!"

"I did good, didn't I? Sailing is my way of life now." said Sanem winking at Can. "I did really good!"

"Ah, absolutely, my love! Now in addition to publicist, copywriter, art director, writer and perfume maker, let's also add navigator of the seas, eh?" replied jokingly.

Sanem mimicked the typical Can Divit gesture of raising his arm and twirling it towards himself in response to compliments.

Then he snapped, "So master, did I pass? Did I pass the test?" Sanem asked.

"Am I still a Macho or am I a captain now?"

"I would say unwillingly I gave you the right name. In my opinion you are both, you were able to take care of both the duties of an apprentice and the duties of a captain... you are both a Macho and a captain, that's why CapMacho is perfect."

"OK, Cap Can, does that mean the boat now has two captains?"

"Absolutely. It's our boat, right?"

Sanem looked at the name on the side of their boat: 'The Phoenix & The Albatross'.

"Yes it is!" Sanem replied with a look of joy mixed with nostalgia. "It could not be otherwise." That boat was indeed the vehicle that took them on the journey in search of themselves. With that boat they literally turned into the characters of the novel. That boat represents the dream. Her dream to see the Galapagos and to travel the world together with Can. And for Can to finally be able to travel alone with Sanem, to have her all to himself, to be free, to be himself, without interruptions and external problems was perfection.

The first dreams of both had just come true.

But that boat would make them dream again.

Whenever they wanted, their boat would be there... it would always be their safe harbour, their bubble to escape to. A sort of aquatic 'hut'. Where they can detach themselves from everything and everyone and just enjoy each other's company surrounded by nature.

"Shall we go down?" asked Can as he looked at Sanem absorbed in her thoughts.

"Yes." she replied.

Can got off first and helped Sanem by extending his hand. Then he got back into the boat and picked up their bags.

"Can?" called Sanem.

"Tell me!" Can replied, smiling.

"Can you think about it? The last time we walked on this pier we had just gotten married and were leaving for our honeymoon." she thought.

"And now we've been married for almost two years." Can replied, kissing they hands as he intertwined his fingers with his wife's.

"Yes...our dream is over...we are back to reality." said Sanem sorrowfully.

"But if we just started!" Said Can, quoting Sanem.

"Ah! Ah! I'm shocked! Are you stealing my jokes now?"
"Once for one!" retorted Can laughing.

"Ah, cheeky! But... look what a copycat you are!"
"Come on copycat, let's go." Said Can holding the suitcases with one hand, and shaking Sanem's hand with the other.

With the sun high in the sky, on a hot day in the middle of summer, they walked again along that pier that had finally sanctioned their union almost two years ago and walked hand in hand towards the estate and their future.

They were officially back.

___________________________

Hello reader :)

Thank you for reading the eighth chapter. If you like, please leave me a comment.

I'll be waiting for you in the next one!