18. Welcome back Can & Sanem

The time for the party arrived. 

The whole Fikri Harika had gathered outside the pool house where Can had stayed before the wedding. Mihriban had taken care of the decorations. She had hung a banner saying "Welcome back Can & Sanem." that went from one side of the porch to the other. Cey Cey and Muzo had helped put it up. Deren had taken care of the organisation and the cake. Emre and Leyla of the music, with DJ Cey! Nihat and Mevkibe had taken care of the food.

Mevkibe had spent the whole afternoon in the kitchen and had baked everything. Emre had sent a company car to pick them up and all the delicacies she had prepared. Nihat would take care of the barbecue, for fish, meat and kofte. Mihiriban had also prepared vegetarian hors d'oeuvres, which Deren really appreciated. In short, everyone had helped out.

The rest of the team had come with bottles of wine, spirits, sweets and so on. Everyone wore trumpets and caps.... Cey Cey had forced everyone.

When everything was ready, Mihriban went to call Can and Sanem. She had forbidden them to go near the party area since she had returned from work.

It was evening, 7pm, and the sunset coloured the sky in beautiful shades of orange and pink. Can and Sanem headed to the party hand in hand. When they turned the corner of the house, they were greeted by all with a "Welcome back Can and Sanem!" said in chorus. This was followed by bursts of streamers, balloons flying, trumpets playing, confetti and streamers.

"How wonderful! Thank you, friends!" Replied Sanem beaming, sending kisses to everyone.

"Thank you all, team! It's great to see you all here!" said Can.

As they waved and hugged everyone, two voices came from behind them.

"Celebrating without us?"

Can and Sanem turned around and Sanem exclaimed: "No way!"

"Little lamb!" exclaimed a female voice.

"Deniz!" exclaimed Sanem.

"Sanem!" Greeted someone beside her.

"Bulut!" Sanem exclaimed.

Deren turned around sharply. She was talking animatedly to Mrs Mihriban about her vegan cooking when she heard that name being uttered. She was petrified.

"What a surprise!" Said Sanem, hugging first Deniz and then Bulut tightly. "But what are you doing here? Deniz, didn't you go home to your father?" Bulut, what happened to you? I haven't heard from you!"

"Mihriban called us, told us you were back and invited us to the party!" expleined Deniz.

"Yeah, it's my fault! I admit it. You don't mind do you?" said Mihriban.

"Are you kidding, sister Mihriban? I'm too happy!" exclaimed Sanem.

"Hi Can, welcome back! In every sense of the word. The last time we saw each other was after the accident. I'm really happy that you have made a full recovery and that you got married! By the way, congratulations guys! You are really made for each other," Bulut said to Can.

"Thank you Bulut. I am sorry I did not recognise you at the time. Sanem told me that I didn't recognise you or Deniz. And for that I want to apologise to both of you. However, all's well that ends well!" Said Can holding Sanem close beside him. "Luckily I had the cure by my side." he said looking sweetly at his wife. "Thank you very much Bulut, really, for everything." Can offered him his hand, which Bulut shook with a big smile. That squeeze sealed the respect they had always had for each other. Bulut was a righteous man, as well as a man of the law, and Can understood that he meant something else with that shake. He trusted him. Bulut recognised that Can had always been right about Yigit. Sanem looked at them and thought that there was every reason for a beautiful friendship.