Glad you came.

Lucy's P.O.V.

*still the same day*

The park bench really wasn't very comfy. But I suppose its better than sitting on the ground in the freezing cold weather! I made sure I wrapped up warm before I left the house. 

It felt like I'd been sat here forever, when it was actually only 4 minutes. Plugging my earphones into my ears, I started Listening to Olly Murs, 'Sliding doors'.  I felt in my own little world; Just me and my music. 

Pulled away from my own little world there was a tap on my shoulder. It was Morgan. 'Thank god its you. Thought I was being kidnapped.'

'Well to be honest, thank god its you. Would have been awkward if I'd tapped a stranger on the back!' We laughed for a while. She sure did know how to cheer up my day. I could see a Beth looking figure appearing over the other side of the park. Wearing her usual Olly Murs top, blue high-wasted jeans, Blazer and converse trainers she walked towards us. 

I felt the urge to run towards her but I just hadn't got the energy! Morgan and I stood to greet her and had a group hug. Their hugs were the best; Just what I needed on a day like today! 

'So whats so important that you couldn't wait to tell us?' Beth got straight to the point. No messing around here! 

'More importantly whats today's drama?' That's Morgan, always wanting to know the gossip! 

'Well I'll start with the drama shall I?' I took in a deep breathe. 'Well it all started today. I text Jack and he just didn't want to know. I knew something wasn't right so I carried on as planned to his house. His dad answered the door' I went on. 

Morgan's P.O.V.

Lucy began to tell myself and Beth about the drama this morning. 'Well....' she began. 

Her rant came to an ended after 10 minutes. She burst into tears. 'I'd tried to hold back the tears for all of it, but I just can't help it. I thought I loved him, but he obviously didn't love me'

'Babe, I know how you feel. This happened to me once. You just need to forget about him and focus on the future. Everything will be ok with me and Beth by your side!' I made sure that last sentence stayed in her head! 

'So lets change the subject. Lets cheer you up. Whats the Big news?' Beth was intrigued to know what Lucy was hiding from us! 

 'Girls....'

Beth's P.O.V.

I felt so sorry for Luce. Her first real love and he's tore her apart! I felt we needed to talk about a different topic so we're not talking about Jack. After all she had dragged me out to the park to tell me about the news that she needed to tell me in person! 

''So lets change the subject. Lets cheer you up. Whats the Big news?'

She began..'Girls. About that competition. You know I thought I wouldn't make it to the top?? Well,' I began to move and get excited but I didn't want to get to ahead of her just in case she didn't make it. She pulled an envelope out of her pocket, and soon it met mine and Morgans hand. 'Read it. I can't find the words to tell you' 

I opened the letter and Morgan leaned over my shoulder to read it too. I just skimmed it to try and find the most exciting parts! '..you have made the final 10.' Morgan raised her head and looked at me. 'AHH! LUCY! OMG!! CONGRATULATIONS!' Me and Morgan got some weird looks from the park as we screamed with excitement!

Lucy's P.O.V

Morgan and Beth were so embarrassing! Everyone was looking at me. Families in the park, children stopping what they were doing and looking at me.  It was horrible. 

'Shut up!' I harshly whispered. 'I'm glad your happy for me and everything but please don't go screaming it out loud! My mum still doesn't know that I'm in the top ten yet! 

'We're sorry' Beth Apologized. 'But your promise you'll remember us when your famous!'

We laughed and we joked for a while longer. I felt more relaxed around them now I had got that off my chest. It was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Now just to tell my mum the full story and then my dad; Oliver will find out one day, but right now he's not at the top of the list of people to tell. 

The sky was getting dark and the weather was turning bad. 'Girls, I'm so glad you came today but I really should head back. It's getting dark and I've got a  long walk home. I'll text you tomorrow telling you what my mum said. Love ya's' and with that i gave them a hug and I walked in the opposite direction. 

You know that feeling when someone is watching you and following you... I felt that. My walking pace got faster! I was only about 5 minutes away from home, I'd been walking for a while. All these scenarios were going through my head. 'What if the person behind me was going to attack me?' ... They didn't. Their foot steps got fainter as I sped on. 

I finally reached my house. When I got in, I motioned my mum to come in the kitchen once again. She gave a huff and got up off the sofa.

'Mum, I didn't tell you the full story this morning. I'm going to give you something and then I'm going up to bed. Once you've done with it, don't show anyone; and bring it straight up to me! Good night' I made sure I made myself very clear!

I turned around and made my way up the stairs and into my bedroom, shutting the door and finding my way straight to my bed. I took of my clothes and replaced them with my baggy nightwear. 

After 10 minutes there was a knock at my door. The letter was slid under neath my door. I was too lazy to get up and reach it so i left it where it was. 'I will leave it there till morning' I thought. 

Reaching over to turn off my bedside lamp I fell asleep and began to think about what tomorrow could bring. 

Comment, Vote & Fan