You Look Amazing!

Lucy's P.O.V.

Today was the day. That I Lucy Kate Devon was going on a date with the Niall James Horan!? It hasn't sunk in yet. What do I wear? Do I wear something posh, or something casual, lots of makeup or go natural? There's loads to consider! I've never been on a real date before.

I looked back at the letter. 'Wednesday 6th February, at 8:00pm.'

8:00pm.... That's 10 hours away. Most people would say that's enough time... but it really isn't! I need a new outfit. Need my hair doing. Oh I wish Morgan and Beth were here! And if I was still talking to Sophie she would do my makeup! ... that makes me sound so snobby! After throwing on the my comfy bottoms and my over sized jumper, I left the hotel and headed to the Westfield centre for which could be my last time of this visit to London. The first shop I went to was forever 21.

As soon as I entered the shop I knew I was going to find the perfect dress. I saw both casual and evening dresses. Within minutes of being there I had numerous pieces of clothing draped over my arm. A mixture of dresses, skirts, jackets and tank tops.

I went into the dressing rooms and tried on all the clothes. Mixing and matching different pieces of clothing to see what the best outfit would look like. I made altogether 8 outfits. I just had to decide which ones I wanted now.

When I made up my mind I had 3 favourites. All dresses. One was a ribbed mesh sleeveless dress, in a coral colour; another was a pleated floral printed dress in a red and beige colour theme; and the final dress was a semi sheer studded dress in a light/baby blue colour. They were all beautiful and I could not pick between them.

I stood in the corner of the shop for 10 minutes trying to decide on which one to buy. I really wanted the floral printed one, but I just could not leave the shop without the other two dresses... so I bought them all as well with a denim jacket and a trilby.

I spent a while in the other shops within the shopping centre. I'd lost track of time and didn't realise how long I had been dodging in and out of shops.

4 hours of shopping was over. Shopping on my own isn't normally fun, but knowing I was shopping for something really special I really enjoyed myself! Outfit was sorted.

I was back at the hotel and it's 2:00pm and I still haven't eaten. I don't want to eat much because I'm going to eat well tonight.

I spend 4 hours on getting ready. My hair was in loose curls. After my shower I had dried my hair and straightened the ringlet curls. I hated my hair straight it annoyed me so much! Reaching for my curling irons from my bad I began to curl my hair into loose 'beach curls'. It took a while but I did it eventually.

I decided to do a natural makeup. No foundation, no eye shadow, just on layer of mascara on my eyelashes, a nude coloured lipstick, and a slight definition on my eye brows.

I still haven't had anything to eat and its now 6:00pm. I went into the kitchen area after being in the bathroom/ at the dresser for the past 4 hours. I settled for an apple and a bottle of water. Looking after my figure and my voice! I set myself down at the kitchen table, and just sat listening to the radio.

The boys were mentioned on the radio. I didn't hear what about, I wasn't concentrating. However their song did come on.

'Kiss You' came so an end and the producer announced 'the time is 6:30pm, here's the weather and traffic news update in your area' 6:30!? WHAT! I still need to get dressed yet!

I took my time getting dressed, still listening to the faint sounds of the radio. Taking the dress out of the bag and hanging it on a 'coat hanger' and placing it on the back of my door. I chose out some simple jewelry of my favourite silver watch and a silver studded bracelet. I took my clothes into the bathroom and undressed. Changing my underwear and bra I slipped on my new dress. The material was so soft and comfortable.

I came back out of the bathroom and walked to the dresser. Placed the watch and bracelet on my left wrist. Reaching for my trilby hat I bought from forever 21 I positioned it on my head, got up and looked at my outfit in the full length mirror. Re- adjusting my dress I searched for some appropriate shoes. As it was still February, it was still quite cold outside. But at least it wasn't raining or snowing!

I chose my ankle boots from top shop had buckles and cut outs on the sides, and paired them with a pair of lace trimmed ankle socks. I was already to go, just to finish off with my denim jacket before I left my hotel room.

By the time I was finished it was 7:30pm. The car would be here in 15 minutes. Oh my! It's getting closer and closer to 7:45pm, the 'date' time.

The sound of the peaceful music on the radio was interrupted. The phone was ringing. 'Hello'

'Lucy this is reception, your transport has arrived to collect you. I hope you enjoy your evening.'

It was here. I collected my denim jacket and bag of the table containing my purse, phone, iPod and lipstick. And made my way down stairs and to the taxi, to meet Niall.

I walked out of the hotel expecting a taxi, but Niall being Niall, and the sweetie that he is, he'd got a white limo to collect me.

The driver opened the door and motioned his hand for me to enter the car. 'Thank you' I greeted as I placed myself within the car. When the driver had began the journey I raised my voice and asked him the most important question... 'excuse me driver' he turned his head but still looked forwards 'do you know where the final destination is?' That was bait of a stupid question to be honest. Of course he knew where he was driving me.

'I'm sorry miss. But I cannot tell you. It has been made a secret by Mr Horan' he replied.

Mr Horan. I like it.

I could not see out of the blacked out window to see what direction we were going in. After about 5 minutes of driving we stopped; the driver got out. I thought he was collecting Niall, but a few minutes later he returned alone. And off we were again. He passed a bottle of champagne through the window passage. 'A present from Mr Horan.'

Had he seen Niall? What were they up too? 'Thank you' I replied. That's all I seem to say to this driver. Was he the boys' personal driver? Lots of questions were going through my head as normal!

I didn't want to open the bottle in case I was joined by Niall. So I kept it on the small triangular table to my left.

We finally stopped. I heard foot prints come around the outside of the limo and my door opened. 'Thank you again driver'

'Chris. Please call me Chris'

I gave him a small smile, he spoke again. 'Mr Horan says follow the notes on the trees and paths and you will eventually find him' he toned his voice down to a whisper 'if u ever find him. You know what he's like' we both gave of a little giggle. Chris got back into to Limo and drove off.

Still coming familiar with my surroundings I noticed and arrow on a large oak tree. I followed the other arrows that were on the trees, pathways and benches. It was getting pretty dark but I could see some light towards the middle of the park. I walked towards it, up the small sloped hill, and reached a tartan patterned rug, and a woven picnic basket.

There was a note. It read,

'Lucy, I'm so glad you're reading this. I've always been shy, and I can't believe you here reading this letter on our 'date'. I know we haven't really spoken in person yet, but here's to the future. We'll raise a glass (of the limo champagne) to the future. Hopefully our future. Niall.'

I raised my head as I heard faint noises. There he stood. His famous outfit of white trainers, khaki trousers, his famous 'Fred Perry' red polo top and brown belt. He looked perfect. To be honest when did he not.

'Lucy' he nervously said. He held his hand out to pull me up off the floor. And spun me around. 'You look amazing' I blushed, bowed my head and smiled, revealing my dimples.

'You don't look to bad yourself Mr Niall'

Comment, Vote & Fan