120.*

Marbella was a magnet for wealth and glamour- and not the understated kind.

It was basically a town for show offs and you definitely don't dress to please yourself there; and everything, everywhere is all about being seen in the right places at the right time by the right people.

But if you like a bit of glitz, fantastic clubs and bars, very pretty people-watching and you're more at home in a designer kaftan than cut-offs, Marbella is the smartest place to party on the Costa del Sol.

Which is where we were going for Phoebe's hen party- and it was all booked and paid for on my credit card.

I didn't even think about it, I just booked it all and emailed the guest list that Phoebs had given me before hand with a price range asking of just under £200 (with Phoebs not included obviously, as she was the bride).

Unlike a lot of the Costa del Sol, Marbella has always taken care of itself, according to a website I had researched for destinations- and it was the resort every other resort wants to be: sleek, modern and glamorous but with a heart of traditional Andalusian charm and prettiness that you just can't fake.

The beaches were beautiful and well-kept, promenades going on for miles lined with palm trees and lush, exotic plants- and cleanliness?

Marbella's default position, where pristine white is the predominant colour on everything from architecture to bikinis- works with a tan and says 'rich'', even if you're not.

It was big enough to be interesting but just the right size for exploring, so it was easy to see why Marbella is the star of Spain's most famous coastline.

And I was making sure I was sending my best friend off in style, whether she liked it or not.

Marbella at a glance has a 27km of coast divided into 24 different beaches, the town is just 56km from Malaga Airport and Marbella itself was in Andalusia, one of the loveliest and most historic Spanish regions.

Marbella lies against the backdrop of the dramatic Sierra Blanca where we would find some of Spain's prettiest Pueblo Blanca (white villages, in English) and according to one website, Puerto Banus in Marbella is one of the most exclusive yacht marinas in Europe- and we couldn't miss out on that.

On our weekend away, I made sure there were a number of things to do if certain individuals didn't want to just spend their time getting pissed all weekend.

So I did a little research on things not to miss, duh as the Neuva Andalusia Market.

It was a flea market, next to the Puerto Banus bullring, that was open every Saturday from 9am to 2pm.

There was also the Playa Nueva Andalusia, because apart from the Marina, it was this string of gorgeous, white beaches that score Puerto Banus top marks in the celebrity glamour stakes.

We could go for champagne beach bars, lay around on luxurious sun loungers, and there were miles of flawless sand and plenty of opportunities to see and be seen.

There were wine and tapas bike tours to be taken, a non-strenuous way to try two of Marbella's specialities, fantastic tapas and wonderful wine, and we could get to explore the town centre at our own pace too.

It sounded perfect, and like a dream.

I had also researched some of the best cocktail bars in Marbella, The Champagne Room being one of them.

It was sleek, decadent and very popular with Marbella 'society', whatever that meant.

The Champagne Room apparently recreates the atmosphere of an exclusive 60s cocktail lounge but it stays open late and lets you dance- and judging by Phoebe's love of dancing and my love of staying up late drinking myself stupid, it was the most perfect club I could think of.