137.*

Harry was incredibly nervous, and even though his leg had been twitching uncontrollably, he was now walking back and forth in the consultant's room like his life depended on it.

"Harry, would you sit down? You're giving my headache a headache."

His thumb was nestled between his lips, and I could tell he was biting his nail as he paced; his mind running haywire as he thought of every worst case scenario possible inside his head.

"We should have been more careful, Izzy." he said, over and over, "We should be using protection and I should have been more gentle-"

I rolled my eyes, although he couldn't see.

"Harry-"

"What if I've caused you damage? What if... I don't know, you're torn or something- what if you are preg-"

"Harry, stop." I firmly instructed, "You're thinking way too much into this and you're driving yourself crazy. I'm not pregnant-"

He stared at me, his eyes crinkling as he struggled to control his emotions.

"Yeah, that's what we thought the last time and look what happened there."

I paused, fiddling with my thumbs on my lap as Harry sighed hard beside me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to come out the way it sounded."

"It's okay." I whispered, slowly reaching out to take his hand; "It's going to be okay, Harry. I know you're scared and you're freaking out because of the blood, I know it reminded you of the miscarriage and-"

"Izzy-" he winced awkwardly, "I-"

"But I'm almost positive that it's my period, Harry." I interrupted, his stare coming at me hard and fast.

"We don't know that, for sure though."

"I know my own body, Harry." I whispered, "Especially when it comes to this... my back hurts, I'm always hungry, my boobs are fuckin' sensitive-"

The colour literally drained from his face, to which I realised that they were also signs of pregnancy- and that's what he was thinking of.

"Harry, please stop worrying. I'm not pregnant. This time I know for a fact."

"But-"

"The only reason I agreed to come here for this appointment was to prove it to you that I'm not pregnant and to give you peace of mind. Just trust me, okay?"

Harry swallowed the lump in his throat, his nerves becoming more visible.

I held his hand nervously, squeezing at his fingers and stroking my thumb across the small skin in-between his finger and thumb.

"I just panicked, I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's fine." I promised him, "I know you're scared of going through that again, but I know my body Harry. Trust me. I'm telling you it's my period. We probably kick started it..."

He nodded shortly, kissing the back of my hand as a simple soft knock came at the door before it opened and in strode the female doctor.

I was quite happy to see the nurse to have confirmation that this bleeding was in fact the start of my period, but Harry wanted a professional opinion- not that he didn't believe nurses weren't professional, but I think having a doctor check me out gave him some sort of peace of mind.

"Isabelle, right?"

I nodded, reaching my hand out to shake hers.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Dr. Stevens."