160.

"You look... stunning."

I stared at my best friend, a small grin on my face.

"I wonder where I've heard that line before, hm?"

Phoebe grinned, "You truly are a sight for sore eyes, my friend. My beautiful, kind, intelligent, best friend."

I rolled my eyes, playfully smiling at her.

"Let's not get emotional already, shall we?"

"Says you, who can't stop bloody dabbing at her eyes." She scoffed in response, "Can you actually believe that we were here a year ago? So much has changed, Iz... last year, we didn't even know if you were going to-"

She paused, nibbling her lip as she lowered her eyes towards the floor, keeping her gaze off me.

I knew what she was trying to say, and truthfully, she was right- because I had thought the same.

Just one year ago, I was riddled with cancer and didn't know if I was going to survive, never mind knowing where my life was going to take me.

I was in a relationship with someone completely different, I was working in the candle shop, I didn't know about my parents' history, and I didn't know about the family secret that had haunted my gran for the whole of my lifespan.

This time last year, I didn't think that I'd fall pregnant, I didn't think I would have gone through the pain, the agony, and the heartbreak of losing my son and I didn't think I would have lost the only woman who had brought me up and taught me everything that I knew.

I didn't think that Phoebs would have been engaged to be married, I didn't think she'd be a mother to a little boy who I loved as my own and I certainly didn't think that I would have stayed in contact with the tall, lanky, curly headed rock and roll wannabe boyband member who had turned my world completely upside down.

I didn't think I'd be stood here now, reliving the first day that we met on our anniversary, but here I was, stood in the exact same room Phoebe and I stood in last year, in the exact same hotel and wearing the exact same dress.

Funny how things work out, isn't it?

"Do you ever wonder how things may have panned out if I hadn't have dragged you to the gala?" she asked, "Like, do you think you and Harry would have ever met?"

"Harry seems to think so, he believes in fate." I said, stroking down the fabric of my dress with the palms of my hands; "He reckons it would have happened either way."

"You can't deny that what you two have is strong, Izzy. Maybe you would have, who knows... but just so everybody knows, I'm taking full responsibility for the love story of the last decade."

I rolled my eyes, laughing as she neared me, taking my hand in hers.

"The peach really does bring out the hazel in your eyes, Izzy." Phoebe said proudly, and I could have sworn I heard her voice croak a little again... just like last time.

"Don't cry, Phoebs... don't."

"I know... I know..." she rushed, "But you just look so beautiful... you looked beautiful in it last year, but this time... I don't know, you just look... better."

"Funny, the last time I wore this dress I actually had cancer." I said out loud, biting my lip, "It's crazy to think about what's happened in the last year... how so much has changed."

Phoebe nodded, not really knowing what else to say in the moment we were sharing.

"And the last time I was doing this dress up, I'm pretty sure I was telling you to dump the boyfriend and enjoy what time you had left."