158.*

I watched in amusement, as Harry collapsed on the couch in a heap, his long arms and legs hanging over the cushions, sighing as he covered his face with his hands.

I'd been in the kitchen, clearing up dishes when I noticed the door going and Dexter began yapping like crazy, his tiny little nails scarpering across the wooden floor of Harry's LA home.

"For the love of Jesus, stop yapping at me you scatty dog-"

I grinned, chewing on my lip as I threw the dish cloth and leaned against the door frame, watching Dex try and jump onto Harry's leg, his little body struggling against Harry's massive leg.

Well, it would've looked massive to him at least.

Laughing, I rushed over to our little four legged baby and scooped him up into my arms, stroking his head lovingly as he began to lick my chin and neck.

"C'mon Dex, Daddy's shattered. Let's leave the horrible, grumpy old man alone shall we?" I cooed, rubbing and stroking his little face, "Mumma loves you, so very much, yes she does."

Harry was looking at me as if I was mental.

"I still maintain that we should have called him Scrappy Doo, not bloody Dexter." Harry huffed, his body now sprawled across the couch; "He'a a little sh-"

"He's adorable, and cute, and mumma's boy aren't you Dex?"

"You spoil him too much, we've only had him for just over a week, Izzy."

I grinned, cuddling my little one right into me, watching the amusement spreading on Harry's face.

"He's my baby, so I'll spoil him in whichever way I want too."

"I still draw the line at him sleeping with us though. That is not happening, Izzy."

I rolled my eyes, gently whispering to Dex.

"Mumma will work on that. You can have the little spot on the edge of the bed, tucked right beneath my feet- daddy will never know-"

"Over my dead body. He's a dog. He stays in his basket-"

"Don't be mean to him, Harry." I pouted, sticking my lower lip out as I escorted our little devil out into the kitchen.

"I'm so wrecked." Harry sighed, "So tired..."

It was quite late into the evening, and with Anne and Robin gone out for the day exploring, Gemma and Michal (who had reconciled over Christmas- that 'friend' she stayed with, that was him as we later found out much to Harry's annoyance) had gone out for dinner together too.

So I had been left alone to bond with my little fur baby, spending the day already trying to teach him tricks while Harry disappeared off to his audition.

Not to mention that today was actually my birthday.

I didn't mind, I mean this is what sacrifices were about, right?

It was hard to believe that Christmas was just last week, and after enjoying our first Christmas together with Harry's family, we packed everything up and flew into a sunnier climate for the New Year on Boxing Day.

Of course, details of Harry's audition had been kept under wraps from Anne, Robin and Gemma (and everyone else I guess), so it was hard to come up with an excuse on why he wouldn't be spending my actual birthday with me- but I think we somehow managed to pull it off.

It wasn't that Harry was ashamed or anything like that, I think mostly he was feeling nervous about setting his feet into something that he had never done before.