Prologue

*photo of Wei Wuxian*
WC:328

Lan Wangji stares at the crying child across the room. What could he do now? The thought that she would never know her father flood his head, followed by, what happens if they find out? Would they do that to a child? He slowly floats toward the screaming child.

"Shush little one. It's okay. I know he's gone but I'm here, I'll protect you." He can't help but feel so powerful and powerless holding this frail little life in his hands.

In the weeks that followed the death of Wei Wuxian rumours began to spread about Wei Wuxian having a daughter. When Jiang Cheng heard of this he had suspicions and searched all around the world on his adventures to look for Wei Wuxian's soul. However to no avail and as the years went by, nothing. No sign of Wei Wuxian or his daughter. Until one day five years later a flock of crows were seen gathering in an area near the Cloud Recesses. The rumours began to circulate once again and Lan Wangji decided he had no choice. He decided to raise his 5 year old daughter as a son. For a while there had been signs that Lan Tian, his child, might be trans and in addition to his new fears for their safety he had no other choice.

Then for the next 10 years all was peaceful.

Thus, more and more people finally came to believe that perhaps Wei Wuxian had not been that amazing after all. Maybe him and his daughter really had perished.

Even though he had once turned the world upside down, there has at least come a day when he was the one overturned.

No one could be worshipped on the divine alter forever. Legends were merely legends.

A/N Btw I'm making Lan Tian 16 and Jin Ling 17 so the gap that Wei Wuxian was gone is actually a little over 15ish years.