The Clouded One

*Picture of Wen Ning*

WC:1064

Lan Tian knocked on the door to Lan Wangji's tranquility room before barging in. "Time to wake up Mo Xuanyu. You've slept long enough."

"I can't get up."

Lan Tian surveyed the man, "Uh, what's wrong with you now?"

"What's wrong with me? Your sect's Hanguang-Jin made me sleep with him, that's what!" The man exclaimed.

"Shut up. First of all, he would never. Second, if you ever talk about my dad like that again I will kill you and burn your body so it will never be found." Lan Tian turned to leave before remembering the reason they came, "Oh, ya. Your donkeys throwing a fit. Fix it."

On their way to Mo Xuanyu's donkey he got distracted by the balls of fluff bouncing around the fields. "Don't even think of it or I will filet you. They're mine and my Dad's"

Mo Xuanyu bursted out into laughter at Lan Tian's words. With a roll of the eyes they continued and settled the donkey down.

The moment Lan Tian heard the hurried ringing of bells in the west end of the recess he knew something was wrong and ran to the location. It seemed they're dad couldn't handle the arm as well as he thought he could.

Without regard for the rules Lan Tian knocked on the large black doors and to his surprise they opened for both him and Wei Wuxian.

The resentful black energy seemed to be drawn to Lan Tian and he could feel his power getting stronger. They grabbed the flute for his back that he only used for emergencies. They always seemed to be stronger when using the flute over the guqin.

The Nether Room was quickly filled with the harmonies of two flutes and one guqin. As the three played Evocation but their songs were seemingly more and more likely to stay unanswered. At that moment the three understood that the soul of the deceased was likely split along with the corpse. Lan Wangji altered the melody to instead echo the song Rest, and the other two followed.

Lan Tian couldn't help but notice how moderately Mo Xuanyu was playing an awful bamboo flute. This seemed to be the last clue for Lan Tian. In this moment he knew without a doubt that Mo Xuanyu's body somehow has Wei Wuxian's spirit in it.

Lan Tian and Wei Wuxian both noticed that Lan Qiren, who was earlier on the ground was now sitting up right and shaking violently while yelling, "STOP PLAYING! GET OUT! GET OUT NOW! DO NOT..." but before Lan Tian could tell him that he could screw off because there were clearly more pressing matters at the moment the old man collapsed. Lab Tian thought to their self problem solved!

Within moments the arm began to calm down and the music came to a stop. The three had a few breaths before the doors swung open to be met with the calling of, "Hanguang-jun!" And "A-Tian!" Lan Tian quickly hid his flute and walked out of the stuffy room to go back to their training.

With that the others began composing a plan to figure out who released the hand and whom it belonged to. Lan Tian on the other hand couldn't care less. For once in their life they had the chance to talk to their dad and they weren't going to mess this up.

As Lan Wangji began getting things ready for the trip that him and Wei Wuxian were going to take to follow the arm, Lan Tian made their move.

"Stop right there numb skull." Wei Wuxian was startled by the voice that seemed to have no origin.

"Lan Tian?" Wei Wuxian searched for the child but could not see them until he was being pulled and pinned against a tree.

"Listen here 'Mo Xuanyu' I know who you really are. I know it's you Wei Wuxian, and we need to have a talk. I don't know what you're doing coming back now, and why like this but I don't like it. It's been what, 15 years? Why now? We've been waiting for years and here you come out of the blue like nothing ever happened. My dad looked so hard for you but we could never find you. I swear to everything in this world that of you hurt my Dad again, I will DESTROY your soul and break it into so many pieces you won't be able to tell you ass from you're head." Lan Tian could feel the emotions building up inside him but couldn't stop them as they began piling up, "The last time we thought you were back it took my Dad six years to get over it! Six years. I can't watch you hurt him over and over. I won't watch you get close to him just to abandon him like you did me. I don't know why you thought the middle of a war was the best time to have a child but you were wrong. I have no clue why you thought I wasn't good enough and it doesn't matter. I know my Dad and I won't let you trick him, you understand?"

Lan Tian didn't wait for an answer before going back to their room to get ready because like hell their Dad was gonna leave without him.

After insisting he came along Lan Tian joined Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji on their travels. Mostly Wei Wuxian would chat up a storm, try to escape, and Lan Tian would let him, then get pulled back by the collar by Lan Wangji. Every day either two or all three of them would have to play Rest to calm the arm. When they arrived in Qinghe city the arm closed it's fist indicating they were near their target.

Lan Tian just rolled their eyes as Wei Wuxian got distracted by a stand in the city. He could already see Wei Wuxian making trouble with the vender from where he stood. "Where are you going? I was really gonna buy some!"

"Do you have the money?" Lab Wangji asked.

Wei Wuxian replied, "Well gimme some, then."

Lan Tian shot daggers at Wei Wuxian as he searched Lan Wangji's pockets for money, and Lan Wangji let him.

"The Yiling Patriarch, five Pennie's a sheet, ten for three!" Someone called out best to them.