The Half Dead Tiger Part 2

WC: 590

Just as Wei Wuxian was about to grab the Tally Susu began wailing at a volume he had not heard since he first saw her in the village. Wei Wuxian looked up at Wen Qing before quickly pulling away the Tally and walking away form the baby. Her wails became softer and her breathing more shallow. Just to make sure Wei Wuxian and Wen Qing did it a few more times.

"This can't be right." Wen Qing, Wen Ning and Wei Wuxian all sat around Susu who could now eat and somewhat move when around the Tally in both awe and fear. "How could she be having a positive reaction to the Tiger Tally? It's almost like she's a high functioning corpse who's body functions rely on the resentful energy of the Tally except she's alive for all I know."

"I don't understand..." Wei Wuxian watched Wen Ning play with her as they all marveled in the sounds of her first laugh.

Wen Ning looked up at them both, "Now what it's not like we can leave it with her."

"I have an idea." Wen Qing grabbed a chisel from the burial ground's tool supply. "What if you just take off a small chunk of it for her and see if that's enough. She's small so she probably only needs a little but as she grows she might need more."

Wei Wuxian carefully chiseled a small piece of the Tally off before having one of the burial grounds residence make it into a small necklace to put around her neck. "Now to test it out." Wei Wuxian began slowly moving away until he was at the other side of the burial grounds.

Wen Ning ran over to Wei Wuxian in a blur with a smile on his face, "Wei-gongzi it worked."

Soon all of the inhabitants gathered for a big meal to celebrate Susu's miraculous recovery. Through out the whole gathering Susu was crying, laughing and being very vocal as everyone showered her with handmade gifts and played with her.

"I guess we can't really call her Susu anymore, she's not so quiet now. What about... Tian. Oh, and she'll need a proper surname..." Wen Qing began laughing with Wen Ning as they watched Wei Wuxian gently entertain and play with Susu.

A small hand tugged at Wei Wuxian's sleeve, "I thought you said Susu was going away?" Wen Yuan was once again staring up at Wei Wuxian from under neath his sleeve.

Wei Wuxian picked up the boy to sit him on his lap in front of him. "Well, she was very sick so we thought she was going to have to leave, but she's better now so she can stay."

"Oh, can I hold her?" Wen Yuan asked looking up at Wei Wuxian.

"Sure, with my help of course." Wei Wuxian picked up Susu and put her in Wen Yuan's arms while supporting them both with his own arms. "You know she's going to be like your younger sister now so you have to protect her okay?"

The boy nodded his head still staring affectionately at the now sleeping baby in his arms. "I don't think Susu fits her anymore either, I like Tian." Wei wuxian transfered Susu back into Wen Qing's arms. "Oh, she could be Wen Tian like me, or she could be Lan Tian like that other gongzi from the other day." The wide smile on Wen Yuan's face greatly contrasted Wei Wuxian's bright red laughing face.

"Imagen that, Lan Zhan raising a child." he laughed, "That's a great idea, maybe we should name her Lan Tian."