The Vindictive Part 2

*Jin Ling's dead dad, Jin Zixuan*

WC:846

The two decided to split up and search the town once again with no other hope. The men agreed that they would meet back at that spot in fifteen minutes.

Lan Wangji frantically searched every house, store, alleyway and street but couldn't find any clue to where his child had gone.

Wei Wuxian knew that they had no choice, they had to find Lan Tian. If they didn't, he didn't want to know what Lan Wangji nor himself would do.

It was at that moment he saw a flash of dark hair and the clanking of chains. Wei Wuxian turned on his heels and followed the figure, he was not going to abandon Lan Tian again.

When he reached the heart of the city he found Lan Tian laying motionless. In this state he looked so fragile, and kind. Wei Wuxian ran to Lan Tian and picked them up in his arms. "Lan Wangji!"

The relief on Lan Wangji's face when he saw Wei Wuxian holding his child was instantaneous. It was as if a weight was being lifted off his chest. "Is he okay?"

Lan Wangji did as through of a search as he could to make sure his child was unharmed. The only evidence of harm was a few puncture wounds in the crook of Lan Tian's elbows. They were small but not invisible, as if someone poked needles into their skin.

"Hey Dad." Lan Tian slowly blinked open their eyes smiling weakly.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji both pulled Lan Tian into a big hug and held it for several heart beats. "I'm sorry. I couldn't protect you."

Lan Tian pushed Lan Wangji back, "It's not your fault. I'm fine. I should have payed more attention, I don't even know what happened."

As Lan Tian slowly moved to a standing position Wei Wuxian stumbled back and Lan Wangji, being the only functioning one, caught him by the wrist. "Don't, don't, don't, Hanguang-Jin, you don't have to do that."

Lan Wangji reveled Wei Wuxian's brushing black curse marked leg.
"Holly cow! I was only gone for a couple hours. What the heck happened to you two?" Lan Tian motioned to Wei Wuxian's leg and Lan Wangji's new cautious approach to everything.

"Several hours is a long time. Anything can happen." Lan Tian rolled his eyes as Wei Wuxian motioned for Lan Wangji to stand up. "And if you two are done flirting can we get going."

Lan Tian left the two men in shock as he walked away. When Wei Wuxian began following towards the inn, his legs felt numb, probably die to shock.

"Wei Ying." Lan Wangji called out from behind the two.

Both Wei Wuxian and Lan Tian faltered in their steps.

"What is it?" Lan Tian quickly glanced at his Dad and Wei Wuxian as they kept talking.

"That was transferred from Jin Ling?" Lan Wangji asked, and when Wei Wuxian didn't comment he continued, "You ran into Jiang Wanyin."

On top of the curse mark were wounds left from Zidian. "As long as we both live in this world, we'll meet sooner or later."

"Stop. Don't go," Lan Tian completely paused all movement at Lan Wangji's words.

"Why? Are you going to carry me?" Wei Wuxian said.

Lan Tian waited patiently for what was happening and was surprise to hear Wei Wuxian protest, "Hold on, wait, I was joking. It's not like my legs are broken. A man being carried on someone's back is unsightly."

Lan Tian's breath became rushed and ragged.

"Is it unsightly?" Lan Wangji asked.

"Is it not?" Wei Wuxian countered.

The air around Lan Tian began to darken slightly as well as the whites of their eyes.

Lan Wangji said, "But you've also Carried me on your back before."

"Really? How come I don't remember?" Wei Wuxian said.

The wind began to pick up making Lan Tian's hair dance with its movement.

"You never remember these things."

"Everyone says my mementoes bad. Fine. It is what it is. Either way that's a no."

"You really don't want to?" Lan Wangji pushed.

Wei Wuxian refused categorically. "No."

For a moment with Wei Wuxian's response the wind died down, the air became clear and Lan Tian's fists unclenched. But everything went to hell when he saw Lan Wangji pick up Wei Wuxian in a bridal stance.

A couple seconds after the pair passed Lan Tian the wind picked up and the air became thick with resentful energy. Crows could be seen circling the sky above Lan Tian, and within moments his eyes went completely black.

Thousands of undead creatures flicked behind Lan Tian as he stood there furious. A thunderous boom was heard in the distance and within moments the scene was back to how it was before the interaction. Then, the ground once again made contact with Lan Tian's unconscious body.

When Lan Tian finally regained consciousness he was in the arms of a familiar person.

"Looks like someone's finally awake." Lan Tian couldn't help but smile at the smirk they were given by their best friend.

Tapping the boy's chest to put him down Lan Tian looked in his eyes, "Thanks Jin Ling."