Core of the Dark... Bunny?

WC:1125

As Su She kept trying to invalidate Wei Wuxian's arguments, the whole Su Clan of Moling could see where Wei Wuxian was going with his arguments. The closer he got to the truth, the harder Su She tried to fight back by accusing Wei Wuxian right back. Jin Ling helped Lan Tian back towards the group until they could move and stand on their own.

Nie Huaisang gaped at Wei Wuxian's new evidence towards the reason all of the Su Clan's guqin players were present. "Are there really such wicked songs in the world that could do this? Ones that can make people lose their spiritual powers?!"

"How could there not be?" Lan Tian chimed in. "The sound of the guqin can repel evil, so why can't it summon it? There's a collection of Dongying melodies called the Collection of Spirit Turmoil. Some of the songs can even kill. Does it still sound so outlandish now?"

Everyone stopped and turned to Lan Tian and only then did they notice their father's disappointed gaze.

"Not that I'd gone there or done anything like that... What? Almost everyone goes down there at least once to check it out. Shizun is here, ask him!" Lan Tian said motioning to Lan Qiren, "There's stuff like that down there right... Shizun?"

"Of course you'd know about it you demonic child! I've never stepped foot in the Cloud Recesses since by time studying there as a student, let alone stepped a foot in this forbidden library. Besides, Wei Wuxian is also close with Lan Wangji so who's more likely to have access to it?"

Wei Wuxian smiled. "Who said it had to be you who entered the Room of Forbidden Books? If your master could go in and out as he pleases, that would work fine too, no? He probably gave you the idea to tamper with the scores in the first place, right?"

Everyone could easily figure it out and deduce the master in question had to be Lianfang-zun!

"It was the perfect crime!" Lan Tian said with a smirk, "You capture the juniors of various clans giving the sects no choice but to be lured into your trap up the Burial Mounds. He uses his injuries to avoid suspicion and as an excuse not to be here. By working together one of you can play the song to damage everyone's spiritual power, while the other uses the Tiger Tally to manipulate the fierce corpses to besiege the mountain."

Wei Wuxian stepped up and continued, "In the end, thousands will be wiped out on my territory - and who would believe me if I said I didn't do it, right? You weren't scared of running into me wither. Wei Wuxian has a notoriously bad rep. New grudges and old ate will come together, and in the midst of that frenzy, no one's gonna listen to me try to explain. Maybe it'll even provoke me onto a killing spree - and wouldn't that save you the trouble of doing it yourselves?"

"Laughable," Su She said. "Lianfang-sun is already the Cultivation Chief and leader of the cultivation world. He has no need to fight you for power. What does he gain by having so many people deliver themselves to their deaths on your doorstep? Smear my name if you must but how dare you slander Laianfang-zun!"

Jin Ling leaned over to Lan Tian before whispering, "Someones an obedient lap dog now aren't they?" Lan Tian's laughter was covered by their cough as they tried not to draw any attention to the two of them.

"If you are so convinced what we we said was false, will you dare play the evil-repelling battle song the Su Clan of Moling was playing while climbing the mountain? Do it right here, in front of everyone," Wei Wuxian said.

Lan Tian smirked knowing all the guiqin cultivators of the Lan Clan of Gusu were here to call Su She on his lies.

Within the cave cultivators began silently shifting away from the Su Clan isolating them in the center of the cave.

Wei Wuxian seized this chance. "Won't do it? Fine, that's okay. Why don't you take a look at this, then?"

He retrieved two pieces of yellowing paper from his robes. He waved them, only letting people get a vague glimpse if the fact that musical scares were written on the sheets.

"Did you really think we left Golden Carp Tower empty handed? Inside the secret chamber behind the bronze mirror of Fragrance Palace, Jin Guangyao had hidden two pages torn for the Collection of Spirit Turmoil. And we found them. If we show them to Lan Qiren-quianbei and allow him to determine whether they match the melody you played , the truth will come out!"

Su She sneered. "You lie. How do I know if those aren't random scares you scribbled down just to slander me."

"Would I carry two sheets of music around all day, solely on the off chance I could whip them out?" Wei Wuxian asked back. "Either way, Lan Qiren-qianbei can tell if it's a lie with a single look."

Su She suspicious of the accusations at first. Now, his brow wrinkled at the sight of Wei Wuxian's sly grin, as well as the certainty in his voice as Lan Qiren took the sheets.

He desperately cried, "Lan-qianbei, watch out! It's a trap!" before he reached to snatch away the paper.

Simultaneously the icy blue sword glare of Bichen struck at him. Su She drew his sword to block, but as soon as he did, he'd realized he'd been had!

Su She's sword Nanping let out a bright glare as it clashed with Bichen. It was very obviously brimming with spiritual power!

Wei Wuxian handed the paper to Lan Tian as they folded it and placed it in their robes.

Jin Ling moved to try and get in front of Lan Tian after confirming his own suspicions. However, Lan Tian moved in front first securing Jin Ling behind them and blocked him from any glares or possible attacks. "Stay here." The murmured not taking an eye off of the Su Clan members.

Lan Wangji began moving and pressing every step until Su She was pushed against the stair way. The red spell array caught his gaze from the corner of his eye.

Lan Wangji's eyes sharpened.

"Crap! He's gonna break the array that was just fixed." Wei Wuxian and Lan Tian thought hoping someone would be able to reach it in time to stop him.

Sure enough, Su She bit his tongue and spat a mouthful of blood at the ground. The dense bloodstain covered the already dull, unclear red marks. Lan Wangji could no longer be concerned with Su She, and instead flicked Bichen's blade with his left hand to try and redraw the array. Su She used this opportunity to hurl a talisman at eh groun