The Dew Drop

WC: 913

Lan Tian and Jin Ling decide to leave the group and go to the burial mounds to seek help for Lan Tian's powers. They share an emotional farewell, and Jin Ling gives Lan Tian a kiss before they part ways. Jin Ling promises to wait for Lan Tian and gives him a special gift—a red ribbon. Lan Tian leaves with the hope of finding a solution to control his powers.

Jin Ling waits anxiously for Lan Tian's return and receives a small brown box from him containing a red ribbon similar to the one Lan Tian wears. He ties it around his wrist as a token of their feelings for each other and prays for Lan Tian's safety.

With a mix of hope and anxiety, Jin Ling looks out the window towards the direction Lan Tian went, wishing for his safe return within three days, as promised.

The two walked in the house before Lan Tian grabbed Wei Wuxian by the arm and pulled him aside. "Me and Jin Ling are leaving."

"You're what?" Wei Wuxian searched for any sign of humour in Lan Tian's face.

"We're going, I can find my way out alone. You've seen what this power can do and I can't control it. I'm going to find someone or something to help be figure out what to do." Lan Tian smiled softly.

"If you're sure then I'll help you. You see I fist learned of the arts in the burial mounds, I am in no way suggesting you go there but that's what I know." Wei Wuxian knew he had to give the kid an idea of where to go or they'd be wondering aimlessly.

Lan Tian's eyes began to shine and he turned to smile at Jin Ling. "Please tell my dad I'm alright. I don't want him worrying. I'll find you guys when we're done." They gave Wei Wuxian a hug and thank you before running out the door waving to the juniors with Jin Ling.

"So do you have any idea where we're going?" Jin Ling followed as Lan Tian strolled through the fog.

The nodded then opened the gate so they could walk out. "Ya, I got one..."

"You're kidding right?" Jin Ling gazed ip at the large walls surrounding the burial mounds.

"Nope. This is where Wei Wuxian learned so, it's where I'll learn." Lan Tian gave Jin Ling his extra supplies before standing in front of him once more. "So, I guess this is it."

"Ya I guess it is." Jin Ling couldn't bring himself to make eye contact with him.

"You don't have to wait for me you know... I can just find you after..." Lan Tian too was avoiding eye contact before Jin Ling placed a hand on their face.

They both smiled lightly finally seeing the blue, green, grey, gold tones of each other's eyes. "I will always wait for you. I hope you know that if you're not out in three days I'm going in after you."

Chuckling Lan Tian said, "As long as I won't have to save your butt I'll be fine."

The two embrace each other dreadfully pulling apart. Lab Tian sighed knowing he had to leave, because otherwise how could he protect all the people he loved.

Lan Tian was about to turn away when they heard Jin Ling murmur, "Can I kiss you?"

Shocked Lan Tian smiled and nodded, "Yes."

Within moments Jin Ling and Lan Tian were once again in each others arms. As they both pulled away from the kiss, foreheads touching, Lan Tian closed his eyes for a second so he could hold this moment in their memories forever.

"I've got to go now... I want you to do something for me though..." Jin Ling pulled away memorizing every feature of Lan Tian's face before nodding. "Okay, close your eyes then out back from ten, just trust me. I have a present for you."

Smiling Lan Tian held out their hands for Jin Ling to grab before placing them over his eyes. When Lan Tian let go he began to count, "Ten."

He heard shuffling then the sound of foot steps, "Nine."

Jin Ling could feel the air moving with Lan Tian, "Eight."

"Seven." The footsteps began to get farther and farther away but Jin Ling just couldn't check to see.

"Six." Jin Ling knew what Lan Tian was doing but didn't want to believe it.

"Five." The steps were almost nonexistent now and he knew he was most definitely alone.

"Four." Jin Ling took another big breath before continuing.

"Three. Two." The longer he stayed like this the longer he could pretend like Lan Tian was still there right in front of him.

"One." Jin Ling removed his hands but didn't dare open his eyes, so he just stood there. He couldn't tell if it had been seconds or minutes but he still refused to open his eyes. At some point he realized he must get shelter and food so he needed to open his eyes... for Lan Tian.

Slowly he opened them ever so slightly. He shouldn't have been as shocked as he was when he saw a small brown box in front of him. After all Lan Tian wouldn't lie to him.

Bending down he held the box as if it was made of glass, it wasn't until he got into a room in an inn that he put it down. Slowly Jin Ling untied the ribbon and pealed open the box. Inside was a long red ribbon similar to the one Lan Tian wore around his wrist since he's know them. He grinned at the token of Lan Tian's feelings and tied it around his own wrist.

Jin Ling stared out the window towards where Lan Tian should be. Something inside of him was tugging and yelling at him to do something to protect the person he lo... cares about the most in the world. The urge telling him to run in there and hold Lan Tian close protecting him from the world was almost over bearing, but he didn't move. He knew that Lan Tian is strong and capable, and regardless he made Lan Tian a promise, three days. Three days.

Jin Ling went to bed that night wishing and praying to any and everyone out there to bring Lan Tian home safe.