Charming the Masses

WC: 1089

As the Grand Symposium hosted at the Golden Carp Tower was fast approaching the group made their way by carriage to the venue.

Lan Tian stepped out of the carriage and was suddenly aware at all the eyes scorching threw their body. It was as if he was the main attraction of the night for all to enjoy. It took them a moment to realize that their clothes probably didn't help the staring. After all, it did bare a striking similarity to Wei Wuxian's own clothes.

"Lan Clan of Gusu, please enter from here." A disciple motioned.

"Let is go." Lan Wangji said."

It was as if the eyes never stopped following them. Where ever Lan Tian went he was being watched very closely and it was deeply unsettling.

"Zewu-jun, Hanguang-jun." a deep voice echoed passed Lan Tian's ears as the instinctively shrank into the crowd.

"Sect Leader Jiang." Lan Xichen met the man.

Jiang Cheng mentioned, "Wow, Hanguang-jun has never attended one of these events before, what brings you here? Also where is your child, I assume their still running around by your side as always."

No one said a word not wanting to antagonize the man, "And who is this renowned cultivator you have with you, hm?" He motioned towards Wei Wuxian and Lan Tian began to panic.

Jin Guangyao, the master of Golden Carp Tower had personally come to interrupt the conversation and welcome them. Lan Tian released the breathe he was holding.

As Jin Ling peaked from behind the man Lan Tian's breath hitched once again. "Jiujiu." Jin Ling greeted. With a soft smile Lan Tian followed as the group was pushed towards their new arrangements.

As Lan Tian, Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian sat at a table full of Jin Clan sect disciples it only took a second for Lan Tian to notice the sharp looks of the others. All were eyeing the group, who could blame them. After all Lan Wangji, his child who practices demonic arts and as far as they knew, Mo Xuanyu who was expelled for harassing his peers.

Under the table Lan Tian tugged Lan Wangji's robe under the table before gesturing to the eyes following them.

It wasn't until Jin Guangyao and his wife sauntered in that eyes peeled away from the group. As they sat the banquet finally began. Jin Ling and Lan Tian shared a silent breath at the new distraction for the group.

When it was over Wei Wuxian tried to pry the answers to what Mo Xuanyu did out of Lan Wangji and Lan Tian but neither gave him anything. Only when Wei Wuxian said he was going to ask someone else did Alan Wangji speak, "Do not go too far.".

With a nod the man left leaving Lan Wangji with his child. "I'm sorry Dad. They're all avoid you because of me, I wish I could fix it in someway."

"It is alright." Lan Wangji wrapped his arms around Lan Tian, "You're perfect just the way you are."

"Thanks." Lan Tian pushed away, "I'm gonna go look for Wei... Mo Xuanyu."

As Lan Tian turned the corner he saw Jin Chao and his goonies surrounding Wei Wuxian and Jin Ling. "Shut up Jin Chao, leave them alone. No one cares about what you have to say anyways."

"Oh do you need your little boyfriend to protect you Jin Ling." Jin Chao taunted.

"At least he has a partner. Can't say the same for you now can I?" Lan Tian replied.

"I'm fine." Jin Ling went into a full fist fight with the other boys as Lan Tian stood watching out of spite. If Jin Ling said he didn't he their help then why should he help.

Soon Jin Ling was pushed back to Wei Wuxian and Lan Tian rolled his eyes, "Want help now?"

Suddenly Wei Wuxian brought Jin Ling to the ground shocking everyone. "Have you learned?" Both children nodded before setting their eyes back of the boys.

Within moments Jin Chan and his goonies were running away. Lan Tian laughed as Wei Wuxian tired to tell Jin Ling that he fell for Lan Wangji and not some other cultivator. It was hilarious to Lan Tian because he knew that Wei Wuxian thought that it was a lie but Lan Tian knew his words to be true.

As Lan Wangji turned to walk away with Wei Wuxian following close behind, Lan Tian gave Jin Ling a small kiss on the cheek before following the two.

"... haven't you noticed that Jon Ling usually goes on night hunts alone?" Wei Wuxian questioned Lan Wangji, "We were younger... Fine. When I was younger I had many people to go with."

"I don't usually go with others either." Lan Tian's voice made Wei Wuxian jump as he continued walking, "And before you say it, neither of us are unsociable it's just that... it doesn't matter. Kids are mean and it's easier to hunt alone."

Both Lan Tian and Wei Wuxian were too distracted by their own thoughts to notice the slight faulted in Lan Wangji's stride. It was a hard topic for him, it made him feel like he failed Lan Tian.

The conversation stalled until the group reached their room. It was spacious with a conjoined section to a smaller room for Lan Tian.

The three fiddled and mumbled until night fall. Watching as Wei Wuxian grabbed white paper and a pair of scissors. He cut out two figures before turning to Lan Tian, "Want to learn something new?"

Lan Tian nodded as Lan Wangji gave looks of disapproval and Wei Wuxian downed a glass of liquor. He took two brushes out and painted figures on the paper slowly as Lan Tian followed.

Wei Wuxian quickly explained the restrictions of the spell, there was a strict time limit, and it had to return with no damage or the caster would also receive the same damage of severity on their soul.

Lab Wangji quickly stopped the two, "Lan Tian you can't leave this room and you must be careful."

"But.."

"No buts, that is final." He looked to Wei Wuxian for support.

"He's right."

"Fine." Lan Tian rolled his eyes at their dad.

Following his exact movements Lan Tian put their head back then lay down on the bed.

Within moments two paper effigy's we're flying around and messing with Lan Wangji. "Stop playing around. Not you." He blocked Lan Tian from leaving while shooing Wei Wuxian, "Please take the utmost care."