Obedience Part 1

WC:917

"I still don't understand how this works." Wen Qing mumbled watching the baby girl now renamed Tian. "You will forever be a mystery to me and everyone else around you, at least your life won't be boring. Just promise me you'll be happy and not end up like your Wei-gongzi."

"Jiejie, I brought you the supplies you needed!" Wen Yuan came barreling in the tent as Wen Qing held her finger to her mouth. "Sorry." he whispered.

She grabbed the supplies before sending Wen Yuan to get someone else to look after Tian. "You sure are a fighter little one. Don't worry though, you and little A-Yuan will never be alone because you have everyone here and each other to look after you." She pulled up the blanket on Tian before switching places with one of the mothers in the burial grounds.

"Do you need anything else?" Wen Yuan asked.

"Promise me that no matter what you'll take care of you new little sister, okay? She needs you." Wen Yuan nodded in response before going back into the tent. "We really lucked out with those two didn't we." Wen Qing said under her breath.

When Wen Ning and Wei Wuxian got back from what was supposed to be Jin Ling's one month celebration Wei Wuxian was in a complete daze. The mother taking care of Tian was not quick enough to stop Wen Yuan from entering the Demon-Quelling Cave wearing a stra-woven butterfly on him head. As he entered the boy beamed at Wei Wuxian.

"Xian-gege..."

Whatever happened in there the mother did not know and did not care for she immediately sent Si-shu in to grab Wen Yuan. The pair couldn't consul Wen Yuan which then made Tian cry and lead to a massive game of hot potato to try and stop them both from crying.

In the next few days to come Wen Qing and Wen Ning took turns spending as much time with Tian, Wen Yuan and the other inhabitants as possible.

"Look A-Ning, she's holding my hand. Tian's fingers are so tiny." The smile on Wen Qing's face slowly began to turn into tears.

"I know Ti Ti is so cute." Wen Ning continued playing with Wen Yuan's butterflies.

Wen Qing took a deep breath, "We're going to miss so much aren't we?"

Wen Ning nodded, "Yeah we are, at least they'll still have everyone else."

"Hopefully that idiot can pull it together enough to be a father to these two." Wen Qing glanced back into the Cave. "I'm afraid that if something else happens he's going to loose it."

"I think everything will turn out how it's supposed to." Wen Ning stood behind Wen Qing as Wen Yuan gave her a hug. "Stop trying to put that in your mouth." They all laughed pulling Tian's necklace from their mouth.

After Wen Qing and Wen Ning explained to Wei Wuxian that they would confess to the murders the last words they left him with was, "Grow up and take care of those kids, or find someone who can."

So, that's exactly what he did, the first thing he did after being able to move. Wei Wuxian knew the people in the Burial Mountain wouldn't be able to take care of two children if something happened so he grabbed Tian and began off towards the Cloud Reccess.

He looked down at the small child in his basket, "Don't worry little one, I'm taking you to the most responsible person I know, you'll be safe. Wait... where's your necklace?" There was no trace of the black strung stone on Tian. "You didn't eat it did you? Nevermind, just in case."

Wei Wuxian chipped off a few more pieces of the Tiger Tally before tying them on string and placing them on Tian.

"That's right, I have a little note for him, it just has your name, nothing naughty." His smile didn't quite reach his ears or his heart. "I'm making the right choice right little Ti Ti?" She just yawned and when back to sleep as Wei Wuxian agreed with himself that this was necessary.

Wei Wuxian somehow came up and executed an extremely elaborate plan to entre the area around Lan Wangji's current living courters and did a double check before leaving. "Ti Ti, check, blanket and other supplies, check, name note, check, I think that's it." He huffed, "Good luck little one. Be good for Lan Zhan."

Wei Wuxian knew he had to leave quickly before he got caught but also had to make sure Lan Wangji found Tian. "I guess your name might be Lan Tian now, It's cute. I hope he keeps your name but I guess that's up to him. Maybe I'll see you again little one, maybe for the day you are no longer a junior, or when you get married, no one will ever be good enough for you but I'm sure you'll find someone. Maybe you'll meet Jin Ling and you two will become friends, play around like me and nevermind..." he was whispering under his breath while hiding in a near by forest area. "I wonder if your personality will take after Lan Zhan or maybe after me, I hope it's not after me. I hope you live a long life little one."

Just as Wei Wuxian was distracted while talking to himself Tian was playing with her new jewelry set before placing it in her mouth and swallowing them along with the pieces of the Tiger Tally. However, Wei Wuxian noticed this but was unable to act as Lan Wangji turned the corner into his view.