The Audatious Part 3

*picture of Mo Xuanyu*

WC:667

He had pure white eyes and even more cracks surrounding his body than the last time he saw Wen Ning.

When Jin Ling pointed moved his focus from the statue to Wen Ning, Lan Tian's heart broke. After all they were both very important to him, both like family. Mo Xuanyu kept playing before being brought to a stop upon gazing at Wen Nings sudden ferocity. All seemed to stop as Wen Ning grabbed the closest man to him and held him in the air.

The moment Mo Xuanyu began playing again, Lan Tian's focus instantly switched to the young man. Tears filled their eyes and sorrow enveloped his whole body. Their knees failed the moment he locked eyes with Lan Wangji. It took all of Lan Tian's effort not to sob in that moment. Staring at their hands they thought, there's no way. He couldn't be... could he?

Lan Tian watched as his dad and Mo Xuanyu stood there clutching each other, face-to-face as they stared at one another. After another heart beat Lan Tian stood back up and grabbed his flute. They began playing the most calming song he could think of to try and calm both the general and the statue. A second flirt joined in and began playing more urgently. Within moments the second flute abruptly stopped and dropped to the ground and Wen Ning disappeared.

Lan Tian could feel the tense aura coming from their dad and that stupid Mo Xuanyu. A roaring voice joined the group, "A-LING!"

"Jiujiu!" Jin Ling acknowledged his Uncle as he was scolded for not putting off a flare.

Lan Tian just turned around and punched the closest tree he could find as hard as he could. He was practically choking oh the tears they held back.

Jiang Chang demanded mockingly, "so what was it exactly, that has pulverized you all into such an honourable state?"

One cultivator still visibly shaken responded, "Sect... Sect Leader, it was Wen Ning..."

"What did you just say?" Jiang Cheng strained to believe it was true.

"Wen Ning's back!" That man said.

They argued some more before blaming Mo Xuanyu and Lan Tian. Jiang Cheng smiled wickedly at the pair before softly responding l, "Excellent. Back, are you?" Once again Lan Tian's mind was tortured upon the sight of the crackling purple whip.

Lan Wangji countered the strike for the whip with his guqin cancelling the attack. The second time Mo Xuanyu wasn't so lucky and was stricken in the heart of his back. Since it seemed now that it was confirmed the young master Mo had not had his body stolen by Wei Wuxian, Lan Tian figure the case closed.

Lan Tian couldn't just watch as Jiang Cheng was about to whip the man a second time so he stepped in front of him and protested, "Jiang Cheng, is this not enough? Do you not trust your own Zidian and eyes?"

Pointing at Mo Xuanyu, Jiang Cheng's voice darkened, "Who exactly are you?!"

Lan Tian could only stare blankly at the, now in pain, young master wondering their self if they were right. He only clued in enough to protect the man from the circling Jiang clan disciples.

"Ah, what are they gonna do to me?"

Lan Tian grabbed the man by the back of the collar. "We'll take him! Right dad?"

They both shared a look before Jiang Cheng felt the need to butt in. "Lan-er-gongzi, are you trying to make things difficult for me on purpose?"

Rolling their eyes Lan Tian really couldn't stand how Mo Xuanyu and his dad were clearly flirting in front of Jiang Cheng to get him to go away. They thought, Like really, who would they almost blow his cover already?

"I am taking this person back to the Lan Clan." Lan Wangji finally gave in and left almost everyone speechless but Lan Tian knew the truth. They both had to figure out if it was really him.