Charming the Masses -10

WC: 1040

"Give the order to set off," he said immediately.

"Understood!" Su She heeded.

Two monks on the left and right kept Lan Xichen restrained between them. Just as the main door was about to be opened, Jin Guangyao suddenly said, "Right, I forgot."

He turned to Lan Xichen. "Judging by the time, the seal on Zewu-jun's meridians, should be released soon."

Lan Xichen's cultivation was much higher than his. If Jin Guangyao wanted to seal his meridians, he had to redo it every two hours, or Lan Xichen would be able to break free on his own.

Lan Tian slowly released the pressure on Jiang Cheng's wound before reaching in their sleave and unwrapping something from their wrist. Jin Ling was about to ask what they were doing when Jiang Cheng stopped him.

Jin Guangyao walked up to Lan Xichen and said, "Pardon me."

He was about to reach out when something white plummeted through the air and landed heavily before him. Jin Guangyao, on the alert sidestepped and looked closer.

It was a pale human body!

A naked woman was sprawled on the ground, twisting her body and limbs as if she wanted to crawl to Jin Guangyao. Su She thrust out his sword. The woman let out a shrill scream, and her entire body suddenly burst into flames. She stood and continued to stumble her way to Jin Guangyao, hands grasping. Her body and face had been scorched black by the flames, but the profound hatred in her eyes was clear for all to see.

With another slash of his sword, Su She cut her down, and she dissipated into smoke.

Jin Guangyao took several steps back and tripped over something. He looked back, only to see two entangled human bodies. One of them reached out and caught his ankle.

The sound of a whistle rang out behind him.

"Wei Wuxian!" Su She spat hatefully.

Without anyone noticing, someone had scrawled a number of spells in the blood upon the Guangyin statue in Guangyin Hall.

The heart of Guangyin Temple's array was right in this hall. Wei Wuxian had broken it while the others were distracted, and the creatures that had been sealed within were now swarming out in a never ending stream!

Jin Ling cried out in alarm. "What's happening?!"

"Are they supposed to be able to do that?" Lan Tian said while pointing out two of the naked entangled male corpses moving on the ground. "Like is that a normal thing or... never mind." They said looking away from the pair.

Jiang Cheng kept slapping at his robe, the hem of which had spontaneously combusted. Jin Ling was one of the more fortunate ones. Several monks were already engulfed in flames, screaming as they writhed on the ground.

Su She and Jin Guangyao knew they had to wipe away the traces of blood Wei Wuxian had drawn on the Guangyao statue, but they were hindered by the cultivators on the floor and the incessant stream of evil, naked beings. The nude men and women obeyed Wei Wuxian's command and did not attack Jiang Cheng, Jin Ling, Lan Tian, or the rest, but Jin Ling still stiffly heald Suihua at the ready in front of Lan Tian.

"Hey, it's okay Jin Jin. I think its time we have a little fun." Lan Tian smiled moving swiftly past Jin Ling.

Jin Guangyao's eyes blazed with furry as he struck out with his palm, blasting a path through the flames. He finally made it to the Guangyao statue, and was about to wipe away the spells that Wei Wuxian had painted on it when he suddenly felt a chill at the small of his back.

"Do not move," Lan Xichen ordered in a low voice.

Jin Guangyao was about to counterattack when Lan Xichen struck him on the back with his palm.

"Zewu-jun," Jin Guangyao said. "...Your spiritual powers are back."

Lan Xichen had yet to answer when Su She lunged at Wei Wuxian with Nanping. It hit another longsword, however—one with a sword glare that was similar, but coursing with brighter and clearer spiritual light.

It was Bichen!

Both swords collided—and to everyone's shock, Nanping snapped in two.

In that instant, the flesh between Su SHe's thumb and index finger split apart, and blood gushed forth. Even the joints in his arm cracked from the impact. Nanping's hilt hit the ground, and covered his right arm with his left hand. His face was ashen.

Meanwhile, Lan Tian wore a devilish smile as they tripped the attacking cultivators, using a long piece of Jin Guangyao's string, before incapacitating them.

At the other side of the temple, Lan Wangji held Bichen with one hand while the other caught Wei Wuxian around the waist to bring the latter behind him for protection. Wei Wuxian didn't actually need to be shielded, but he stilled leaned on him, playing along with relish.

This series of events took place in a flash. Only now did the cultivators from the Jin Clan of Lanling realize what had happened. By then Su She was bleeding all over the ground as Bichen's tip was pressed against Jin Guangyao's throat.

With their master restrained, they did not dare act rashly.

Lan Xichen was about to speak when the expressions of those in Guanyin Hall underwent a sudden change.

"Wei-gongzi, please... Please put those creatures away first," Lan Xichen said.

Not only were the evil specters naked and indecent, but they were also making extremely embarrassing moans. The sound was enough to tell one what they were doing.

"How is that...that even possible?" Lan Tian's mumbles echoed through the chambers as they stared back at the two male corpses from earlier.

No one present had ever seen such outrageously obscene, malicious spirits before. Lan Xichen turned his head to avoid looking at them, Jiang Cheng looked absolutely livid, and Jin Ling alternated between blushing and blanching.

Lan Tian stepped over corpse in Jin Ling's direction completely unbothered before reaching out a hand to him, "My love."

"You never cease to amaze me." He said focusing on Lan Tian to block out the corpses.

"On my first time witnessing a giant orgy, but I do have to say, this one is a lot more... interesting." Everyone slowly glanced over at Lan Tian horrified as they smiled widely. "Geez it was a joke." They scoffed.

Jin Ling sighed letting their whole body breathe before glancing Lan Tian winking at him.