The Night Spark -16

WC: 1508

"When we get out of here and everything's over, I think we should go on a trip, far away. It'll be just the two of us. We can learn from different Sects and see all the sights." Jin Ling kissed Lan Tian's forehead before pressing their foreheads together, "I don't care what we do, as long as I'm with you. May I?" he asked. Lan Tian nodded as Jin Ling kissed them sweetly with a smile still growing on his face.

Lan Wangji turned to aim his sword at Nie Mingjue, who was still standing at the entrance.

Wen Ning slowly climbed to his feet and popped his broken arm back into place. "Be careful... His resentful energy should not be underestimated."

Jin Guangyao gritted his teeth and tapped a few acupoints on his severed arm. He had lost too much blood and was swaying with the room. All of a sudden, he saw Nie Mingjue take a step in his direction, eyes trained on him, and promptly lost his mind from terror.

Se She coughed up another mouthful of blood and bellowed at the top of his lungs, "Fools! What are you people standing around for?! Stop him? Stop that creature at the entrance!"

Only then did the dumbstruck Jin Clan cultivators move to surround him, their blades drawn. The two in the lead were instantly sent flying by a strike from Nie Mingjue's palm.

"Lan Tian, stop cackling! Those men are probably very hurt." Jin Ling slapped Lan Tian who was instantly in a better mood watching Jin Guangyao's men getting thrown like rag dolls.

"Says the one grinning right beside me." They retorted embracing Jin Ling.

Su She desperately turned to Lan Xichen, who was protecting the near by Nie Huaisang, for assistance.

"Sect Leader Lan! Sect Leader Lan, do you have any remedies?" he pleaded. "Please help. Sect Leader Jin has always treated you with courtesy. Consider it a favor!"

Jin Guagyao was a wretched sight to behold, on the verge of passing out. Lan Xichen clearly didn't have the heart to see him in such a state—but just then, there was a series of blood-curdling screams. Nie Mingjue struck out hard with a heavy fist, and in one single strike, smashed three of the Jin culivators into a bloody mass of flesh.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji stood before Jiang, Cheng, Jin Ling, and Lan Tian, shielding them.

"Wen Ning! How did you run into him?!" Wei Wuxian called out.

After popping his arm into place, Wen Ning did the same thing to his leg. "I'm sorry, gongzi..." he said. "You told me to look for Lan-gongzi. I couldn't fond him at the inn, so I wen t searching for him outside. Before I could chance upon Lan-gongzi, I saw Chifeng-sun walking down the street. A group of beggars went to pester him when they saw him, not knowing how dangerous he was. Chifeng-sun has no conscious mind. He nearly tore them apart with him bare hands. All I could do was fight him the entire way here..."

Although the cultivators from the Jin Clan of Lanling were no match for Nie Mingjue, they kept bravely charging forward. But when their swords came down of Nie Mingjue's body, it was like they were trying to slice through the finest steel. They could not inflict even a single gash upon him.

Nie Huaisang peeked out from behind Lan Xichen. "D-d-da-ge, I...I'm..." he said, both terrified and hopeful.

Nie Mingjue's blank white eyes bulged with fury. He suddenly made a grab for Nie Huasing, bit Lan Xichen dipped his head and Liebing let out a mournful moan. Nie Mingjue froze.

"Da-ge," Lan Xichen said, "this is Huaisang!"

"Da-ge doesn't even recognize me anymore..." Nie Huaisang lamented.