The Night Spark Part 3

WC:375

Wei Wuxian turned and saw Lan Wangji standing right behind him. A thousand thoughts went through Wei Wuxian's mind as he glanced at Lan Wangji, with Lan Tian standing stiff as a board only a few meters away.

"Ahem, Hanguang-jun."

Lan Wangji didn't respond.

As guilt enveloped Wei Wuxian he tried, "Hanguang-jun, let me explain..."

Lan Wangji slapped Wen Ning. Deciding that wasn't enough he pushed him meters away and said, "Go away."

Lan Tian had to stop the laughter rising in his chest. So this is what the esteemed Lan Wangji was like when drunk. Deciding to leave the two to their own devices Lan Tian walked back to their room, alone.

When Wei Wuxian came down to the town for breakfast the next day he was surprised to find Lan Tian practicing sword and cultivation skills in a nearby field. He watched in awe of this 16 year old kid as they moved with the swift and elegance of Lan Wangji but the heart and chaos of himself. The kid was good, there was no doubt about that.

Turning around he noticed Lan Wangji standing near by and they began to talk. It wasn't until a group of kids ran by that Lan Tian turned and saw the two elders speaking. He sauntered over to the pair and said, "So anything... fun happen last night? I saw you two having some... fun." Both elders panicked for a moment before regaining composure.

"No nothing interesting." Wei Wuxian responded quickly. "However in other news, the coffin banging at the Chang family cemetery had been still for ten years, but it suddenly started up again. This is definitely not a coincidence.
There must be a cause."

"What do you think the cause is?" Lan Wangji asked.

"Good question. I think it's because the torso was being dug out." Wei Wuxian responded.

"Mn." Both Lan Clan members said.

"There aren't many people who either could be." Lan Tian pointed out, "Besides they'll make a move soon, even if we don't find them, they'll come knocking."

The three travelled southwestward. This time the location the left hand was pointing was Shidong. It was a ghost city that locals avoided at all cost.

End book 1