The Past In Revenge Part 2

*picture of Jiang Cheng*

WC:987

Once at the Lotus Pier, Jin Ling was told to show Lan Tian around the area.

Lan Tian found himself watching the boy's long black hair dance in the wind in unison with his yellow robes. "This is my spot."

"What do you mean?" Lan Tian scanned the boy's face for any sign of deception but found none.

"I go here when I want to be alone." Jin Ling stared out into the distance watching the small people walk around the compound.

"We'll then why did you bring me here?" Lan Tian lied down and stared at the clouds in the sky.

"Because my uncle told me I needed to be nice to you. He said I needed to get close to you and to do that I must show you a secret." Jin Ling turned to Lan Tian, he couldn't help but notice the way the light shone off his eyes and danced across the sky.

Suddenly aware of his gaze, Lan Tian locked eyes with Jin Ling, "You must be a really bad secret agent if you're telling me all this right now."

"Ya, but now it's you're turn. I shared two secrets and you shared none."

"Fine. I have a secret friend." Lan Tian smiled at the thought of their old friend.

"What do you mean?"

"No one knows about him. Do you want to meet him?" Lan Tian pushes himself up to stand and holds out his hand towards Jin Ling.

The two children found themselves at the edge of a forest staring into its great vastness. "Promise you won't tell anyone." Jin Ling holds out his pinky towards Lan Tian and they seal there promise with a nod. "Okay." Lan Tian closed their eyes and focuses his breath. They made a series of six short and long whistles followed by the words, "Time to wake up, help me!"

The two waited in silence, one beat, two beats, three beats. Then just as Jin Ling was about to give up, he heard a crunching noise and the sounds of clanking chains. "Lan Tian? Is that your friend?"

"Yep!" Lan Tian ran into the forest and Jin Ling, too scared to be alone, runs after them with no other choice. Suddenly Lan Tian jumps and throws themself at a dark figure. "Friend!"

Jin Ling is met with a face he has become very aware of in the past few months, Wen Ning, the Ghost General. "Your friend his Wen Ning? He dangerous get away from him!"

I'm an attempt to save his friend Jin Ling pulls Lan Tian off the general and puts himself in front of, his clearly ignorant, new friend. "So that's his name. He's harmless, he actually saved me once." Lan Tian placed his hand on Jin Lings shoulder before looking back to Wen Ning, "You can go now. Hide."

They both watch as Wen Ning retreats into the forest and out of sight. "How did you do that?"

"I dunno." Lan Tian shrugs and begins making the trek back to Lotus Pier.

The next day the two children couldn't wait to meet up again. After all it was Lan Tian's last full day there before they went back to the Cloud Recess.

"Lan Tian!" Jin Ling came running towards him watching as Lan Tian waved back.

"Jin Ling!" The two embraced each other as if they had known each other since birth.

On Jin Ling's back was a bow and arrows that swayed with his movements, "We should practice our archery today and see who's the best by the end of the day!"

With that the two juniors were off and trained until dusk. However, back in the interior of Lotus Pier Lan Wangji was having trouble with his past choices.

"What if the child is him? One of the clan disciples saw your child summon something from within the forest. Are you calling them a liar?" Jiang Cheng and Lan Wangji had been arguing for hours about this subject.

"He is just a child. Why would Wei Wuxian even try to possess a child? I am NOT putting my child in front of Zidian." The only times when Lan Wangji seemed to talk more than a few sentences was when it involved the safety of his child.

Jiang Cheng slapped down his hand on the table. "You know nothing! I will find out one way or another Lan Wangji."

Lan Wangji floated to put himself between the door and the raging man threatening his child. "No."

After a moment of intense earth rattling eye contact, Jiang Cheng gave in and left the room to attend to different matters.

All seemed calm in Lotus Pier until about one hour before Yin(time period between 3am and 5am). A loud bang, the zap of lightning and then the ear shattering screams of a child were heard throughout the whole of Lotus Pier. With a horrible gut feeling, Lan Wangji and Jin Ling both darted from their beds and towards the grunts and zings of lightning.

Lan Wangji knew the moment that the screams stopped but the zings continued that something was horribly wrong. Lan Tian had been beaten by ferules multiple times as punishment, against Lan Wangji's will, in the past few years and knew that it had caused irreparable damage to their psyche. It had happened enough times that now, like Lan Wangji, he would shut down completely mentally and barely register what was happening. Of course it was much worse for Lan Tian, but he was so worried. If Lan Wangji didn't get there soon he knew that he might loose his child forever.

The pushed open the doors and ran to protect his child. "Move Lan Wangji." Instead of following Jiang Cheng's command, Lan Wangji turned and placed his white over coat onto his child for warmth as the whole back of their clothes were ripped to shreds.