The Clouded One Part 2

*Jin Ling with his dog Fairy*

WC:892

Wei Wuxian blurted out, "Who?"

The man continued, "Five Pennie's a sheet, ten for three, it's a good price, no cheat! Three sheets are perfect. One for the main entrance, one for the main hall, and the last one for the head of the bed."

Just imagining Wei Wuxian postered around Lan Tian's room gave them enough images to haunt their dreams for a week.

"Heavily ominous, thick wickedness, fight evil with evil, fight poison with poison. No nefarious creatures will dare come close, guaranteed!" Lan Tian tried to stifle his laughter as they looked through the posters.

"I think the photos are quite fitting and accurate don't you Mo Xuanyu?" Eyebrow raised they watch as Wei Wuxian argues with the vender until a young master kicked the vender into the stall.

"Why did you kick me?" The man protested.

"Kick you? Anyone who dare mention the name 'Wei Wuxian' in front of me should kneel and thank their lucky stars that I didn't kill them. You were hollering and making a heck of a racket on the streets too. You were asking for it!" The young master decked out from head to toe was instantly familiar to Lan Tian.

Being the amazing old friend that they are, he made a very clear decision, "Jin Ling! What are you doing here?" The. Just as Jin Ling was about to respond, Lan Tian held up a finger before cough whispering, "Wei Wuxian. Wei Wuxian. Wei Wuxian. Sorry I had a really bad cough there."

"What did you say?" Lan Tian could practically see the veins popping out of Jin Ling's forhead.

"Jin Ling!" Wei Wuxian interrupted.

"You haven't run away yet? Just as well." Jin Ling said disdainfully.

"I wonder who got pinned to the ground last time, unable to get up?" Wei Wuxian laughed.

Jin Ling have a short whistle and then a heavily panting dog could be heard in the distance. Wei Wuxian's face grew pale as he realized what exactly was the source of the disruption.

"Fairy!" Lan Tian yelled out as they saw the dog running closer.

"LAN ZHAN, SAVE ME!" Lan Tian gave Wei Wuxian a slow blink then sighed.

The spirit dog howled a few times then stopped behind Jin Ling. Then with a short nod Fairy came barreling towards a open armed Lan Tian. Jin Ling knew how much his friend loved the dog and missed him since they parted ways. While he watched Lan Tian he thought to himself, wow I really missed this, us. He missed their smile and laugh, their company, their companionship, he missed Lan Tian.

Both juniors were too concerned with each other and Fairy to notice that, for once, Wei Wuxian seemed to be doing his job. He asked about strange occurrences and "Man-Eating Ridge"s.

"Bye Fairy. By A-Ling, it was... nice to see you again." Lan Tian gave a small smile as he turned to follow his parents to find whatever it was they were looking for.

The three walked for over an hour in the forest until they finally reached eight figures wobbling towards them. They looked like they quite literally couldn't be weaker. Lan Tian hung behind the two adults and quickly compelled the corpses to turn away more hurried to where they came.

Wei Wuxian, thinking it was his doing, tried to shift it onto Lan Wangji, "Heavens, Hanguang-jun, you're so amazing! The moment they saw you they ran away in fear! Ha ha."

Lan Wangji stood silently. Lan Tian knew that there was a small chance he actually believed the lying bastard but didn't concern himself with that.

They were all about to try and find their way out when Alan Tian heard the barks of Fairy. Lan Tian made a quick b-line for the dog leaving their parents in the dust. He knew if Fairy was barking and Jin Ling couldn't be heard yelling that there was trouble. They kept running couldn't make it any closer, finally with no other choice Lan Tian used the demonic arts. He knew if Jim Ling was in trouble it probably had something to do with something that has strong resentful energy.

Lan Tian took a deep breath then used their belt as a make shift blindfold. He then focused on the pull of energy calling him and released a spirit they had ready to summon to lead the way. By removing sight they could focus on the energy and not be deceived by the eyes.

Within a minute Lan Tian found himself thanking the spirit as it led him to the area with the most dense aura of resentful energy. He was faced with a fortress made of stone bunkers and green vines. Lan Tian had to cover their ears because he could hear an unprecedented amount of screams and voices coming from with in the fortress. Even without going inside the fortress the sounds were overwhelming. They quickly covered their ears and closed their eyes. He fell to ground clutching his ears as the voices just became louder and louder. He could feel the energy being pulled into them and it was just too much for their body. Within seconds the whole world faded to black and he could no longer feel his body.