Core of the Dark... Bunny Part 2

WC:1046

"The gravedigger!" Lan Tian let out as Su She activated the Transportation Talisman.

Lan Tian chased after Jin Ling who had somehow gotten around them but stopped at eh array on the ground after determining Jin Ling was still safe and unharmed.

"How is it?" Wei Wuxian said crouching beside Lan Wangji.

Lan Tian watched as his father tried to redraw the array with his own bloody finger before asking, "You can't fix it can you?"

"If it's not working, then let it be." Wei Wuxain responded.

With the array on the verge of collapse, the Su Clan of Moling's sect disciples were all clearly confused, so it seemed they weren't in on Su She's master plan after all. This meant the Su Clan disciples were meant to die along with everyone else. They huddled together to try and get away from the group that would blame them and seek revenge. However, with the chaos now running rampant in the cave, no one had the time to try and get even with them.

Many family head began taking their sons aside instructing them to leave no matter what. Jin Ling cringed at this but hoped his uncle would say the same. He waited for a while giving Jiang Chang looks but nothing of the sort came. When they finally did make eye contact, the gloom on his brows had eased a little but the furrow between them had not.

"Jin Jin," Jin Ling felt a tug on his sleeve. "Promise me you'll make it out alive and live on no matter what. I know it sounds cringy but I need to know you're going to be okay if I am going to fight my hardest."

Jin Ling froze unsure of what to say. Even though he had been hoping his uncle would be the one to say it, he really didn't think anyone else would. Lan Tian stood behind him staring into his eyes. "I... I can't. I will never leave you alone again." He said looking back at them.

"Sure." Lan Tian said turning around to face their father.

Wei Wuxian was wrapping the injury on Lan Wangji's hand when a figure suddenly rushed at them from behind,, swinging their sword down. Lan Wangji reached out with his right hand and flicked-there was a metallic sound as he slapped the impertinent blade aside with his bare hands.

Wei Wuxian squinted. "You again?"

The force of the slap shocked the man back a few steps, making him fall to the ground. it was Yi Weichun. His eyes were bloodshot as he brandished his sword once more.

"Wei Wuxain, I don't believe a single word you just said!"

"The cat's outta the bag. You saw Su She run away and destroy the array like a cornered animal. He was found out! What part do you not believe?" Lan Tian yelled back at the man.

Yi Weichan simply swung his sword again, screaming, "I don't believe you! I don't believe anything you say!"

Someone blinded by hatred would refuse to accept anything that could be beneficial to the enemy.

Just then, panic-stricken cries came from ahead of them. "It's broken!"

"The array is broken!"

"They're coming in!"

Lan Tian barreled through the crowd twice as fast to the entrance mumbling, "No shit, did you not see anything that just happened." Then they yelled to the group, "I'm trying to help. None of you have spiritual power, right? I do! So if you don't want to die, move idiots!"

Wen Ning sent a row of raggedly dressed fierce corpses flying with his bare hands, but he was only a force of one. After the loss of the blood array barrier, there was nothing to stop the horde of corpses from swarming into the Demon-Quelling Cave like a black tide.

Jin Ling had never seen so many fierce corpses before, and at such close range. He wanted, with everything in him, to follow Lan Tian but he stood frozen as his hands tightened around Suihua. Suddenly , someone peeled open his fingers and stuffed something cold into his palm. He looked down and was stunned.

"Jiujiu?"

Jiang Cheng rose to his feet with the help of the powerless Sandu, his body swaying with the effort. "Just try losing Zidian, if you dare!"

Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, and the rest rushed after Lan Tian towards the entrance, wielding their swords.

"Ghost General, Lan Tian! We've come to your aid!"

"Took you long enough." Lan Tian winked.

Lan Tian found himself in some sort of limbo between his spiritual and physical body. For once in their life, Lan Tian felt completely calm and at peace. Some where between the slash of their blade and the screams of the battle field Lan Tian found what they thought could be tranquility. It was nice. His body moved like the wind and water, it flowed and sliced smoothly through anything in it's way. Then as soon as the feeling came it was lost.

In what felt like moments, hours had passed and the horde was reduced to a large bloody pile inside the cave. Lan Tian felt almost guilty that they wished the battle could have gone on longer. He could see all the injured and dead but a part of him wished he could just keep slashing his sword to the beat of the battle field.

Lan Jingyi stared blankly into space, his face pale. "I...I've never killed so many walking corpses before... All by myself, I killed at least thirty, no, forty..."

"Me... too..." Ouyang Zizhen agreed.

Then, as if the boys had planned it, they dropped to the ground at the same time with a thud, never wanting to rise again.

Holding himself upright with sheer willpower, Jiang Cheng walked to Jin Ling and grabbed the boy. "Were you injured?!"

Even the heavy breaths Jin Ling heaved carried a metallic scent. "No, I..."

Jiang Cheng immediately smacked him to the ground. "No?!" Then I'll give you some injuries to teach you a lesson! Stinkin' brat, you think my words are nothing but empty air?!" he scolded.

Jin Ling looked up to see Lan Tian standing behind his uncle staring him down. Even though Jiang Cheng was significantly taller, it seemed like Lan Tian was towering over him as they glared at the back of his neck. Lan Tian's eyes had seemed to glaze over as their gaze turned darker and Lan Tian's sword Ortis began to rise.