Chapter 20- Them and Their Circumstances (1)

A.N: Hey, everyone. How's everything going? Days been pretty hectic for me. I feel like leaving everything behind and just disappear. You prolly being doubtful, thinking why is there an update? Didn't the Author say before that they're going to go missing for a while? Well, I just couldn't. Also, it was my birthday on 13th so I took a break to write some for you guys. Ngl, writing calmed me down a lot, from all the pressure of studying and attending daily assessments. So here , I present all the answers (almost) to your questions about Bai Yuan, Wang Yiheng, Bai Yushang and everyone's past life.

Feel free to point out any mistake and comment down all your questions Ƹ̵̡⁠Ӝ̵̨̄⁠Ʒ
Hope you'll like it.

__________________________________

The empire was enormous and practically led the most peaceful era under the rule of  Emperor Wang Jinrei, before Wang Yiheng took over the throne. He was a very generous and kind ruler. But, he was not always the heir to the throne, as he was the third child.

Since Wang Jinrei had two elder brothers before him in the line of inheritance, he never actually felt like desiring the throne and chose to lead his life joyously and cheerfully. He had a best friend, the youngest general of the empire, Bai Yushang. Bai Yushang was not only righteous but also very good at martial arts. His bravery soon became known to every child of the empire. Wang Jinrei was always proud of his best friend and trusted him all his life, to the point he would sacrifice anything for him.

Bai Yushang didn't come from a noble family but he made his fame through hard work and only Wang Jinrei seemed to truly appreciate him and his sufferings. Their bond was greater than any brotherhood. Totally brothers from different mothers.

Wang Jinrei loved to travel all around the empire in disguise and stay close to the common folk, their daily lives fascinated him. None could become the best partner to wander around with than Bai Yushang. His father, too, let him wander since Bai Yushang was always by his side.

Just like that while travelling, one day, Jinrei and Yushang met a caravan of nomad dancers while travelling in one of their neighbouring towns. The show time was set for the evening.

Jinrei chirped, "Hey, Yushang! Look over there, the dancers are so beautiful. Wow."

Yushang just nodded and stayed on guard, crowded places had more chances to get attacked by assassins.

"Brother, I always take you with me, not because I need a bodyguard. What I need is a friend and that friend to enjoy my company! Have some fun!"

"Your Highness, it's not like I'm not having fun, it's just your safety is my priority."

"What a boring man! You won't get a wife this way!" Jinrei tsked and slipped deeper into the crowd.

"Your High-" Yushang's voice faded behind in the crowd as Jinrei soon came out of the crowd and picked up an apple from a nearby stall, tossing a gold coin at the seller.

The seller shouted happily, "Thank you so much, young man!"

"Have fun, Mister!" Jinrei bit onto the apple and started walking aimlessly in the market, "Wow, so many fresh goods! The empire is prospering steadily. Hope Elder brother will take good care of these lovely people."

He was not being careful at all and ended up bumping into someone, "I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying-"

"It's okay, just stand aside-" a female voice replied hurriedly and pushed through him. She soon disappeared in the crowd of the market, leaving the young man with a racing heart.