Chapter 33-The Second Grand Suite

!Trigger Warning!
!!Sensitive content Warning!!

***

Back to present

Every time Wang Yiheng sees Bai Yuan's sleeping face he's reminded of his helplessness that day. If he weren't an Emperor, could he and Yuan have been a loving couple like they mention in novels? If he weren't an Emperor, would've there been a scene where no one wanted to harm Yuan and replace him?

Yiheng was brought back to reality when he suddenly heard Bai Yuan whine in his sleep.

"Ugh….too…. Hot…" Yuan gripped his clothes and pulled hard. It looked like he was trying to take them off. Yiheng became worried, seeing Yuan act like that in his sleeping state and so he strode to him without wasting time, "Are you feeling unwell?"

Yuan opened his eyes halfway and seemed to guess the voice who was talking to him.

"Majesty?"

Yiheng quickly replied, "I'm here. Wife, talk to me. What's wrong?"

Yuan was breathing heavier than before, "Hot….my body…. burning…"

Yiheng touched his red face and it was actually burning. Panic came rushing, he was still trying to find out a way to comfort Yuan a little when Yuan started to undress.

"!!!"

Yuan mumbled within his breaths, "Water…majesty, give me some water…"

"Wait a minute." Yiheng made a sprint and returned with a glass of water. By then Yuan was completely undressed and his porcelain skin was reddish all over.

Yiheng helped Yuan drink some water and got up again to fetch a bucket of water and cloth. He recalled, when he was little and had a terrible fever, Queen Mother stayed up all night and used a wet cloth to reduce his temperature. He rinsed the cloth with cold water and gently patted Yuan's forehead. Instantly he curled up in a ball and whimpered, "Too cold….. don't…."

But it was the only way to comfort Yuan and help him return to his original health. Yiheng tried to coax him before cleaning him all over with a wet cloth.

"It's done. Please sleep a little more. I'll be back."

As soon as Yiheng stretched his leg to move ahead he felt a light tug on his sleeves. Yuan's eyes were closed but he mumbled, "please don't go…I don't want to be alone…"

Yiheng dropped the bucket in a corner and patted his hand, "I promise, I won't go anywhere."

Yuan relaxed in his sleep as soon as he found a familiar scent around him. His body automatically moved and wrapped itself around Wang Yiheng's torso when he lay down beside Yuan. He too took Yuan firmly in his embrace and soon slipped into slumber before noticing.

***

On the other side, something else was taking place inside the other grand suite.

The enormous room was engulfed in darkness but there were a few melting candles on a table. In that faint light, two figures moved on the wide bed. Low, painful, muffled cries could be heard.

Song Xu got down from the bed and lazily walked towards the table. He picked up a small red candle and went back to bed. When the light fell on the other person in the bed, it was none but Jia.

Song Xu stroked Jia's face and replied in a deep, sinister tone, "Don't you love me anymore, Jia-er? I am enough for you, right?"

Jia, whose hands, feet, and mouth were tightly tied up with thick red cloths, groaned and widened his red swollen eyes in panic.