Chapter 34- Imperial Palace of Wu Xi

A.N- The most awaited update is here! I A M S O S O R R Y !!

***

After suffering from a terrible hangover and tiresome back-breaking carriage ride, Bai Yuan and his small troop finally reached their destination and stopped in front of the Crown Palace.

The Crown Palace was far more marvelous and captivating than Bai Yuan's Blue Sky Manor and Great General's huge mansion. So far, Bai Yuan thought ZunYi Inn had the best interior but his assumptions scattered all over the place as soon as they made their grand entrance into the Main Palace. Rows of palace maids bowed down to them as royal guards escorted them inside. There were huge stairs in front of them and they could see blurry silhouettes on top of the steps from a distance. When they got near they finally saw clear figures from the royalties of the Wu Xi empire of the North. Those people were dressed in gorgeous traditional attire with shiny jewelry all over their bodies. Bai Yuan propped his hand over his eyes and squinted, "Damn, what a shine!"

Yeye was in his arms, he also followed his mother and copied in the same tone, "Dang, what shine!"

Bai Yuan chuckled and ruffled his head for being so funny and playful. After nearing some more and climbing some steps, Bai Yuan finally spotted a beautiful princess in bright blue traditional hanfu. She had a large bulge on her belly.

"AH, so she's Princess Wang Mo-er?!"

Yiheng heard his surprised expression and replied in a calm tone, "Yes. It's such a matter of grief that you don't remember many things from the past."

"I know right? It's sad indeed. I really wanted to know if Yuan had feelings for you or not… " Bai Yuan was planning to say the last part softly in a low voice, but Yiheng still caught it and abruptly stopped in his steps. He looked frozen to the core, hurt and shaken.

Bai Yuan cursed himself for being dumb. He was thinking of a solution when suddenly he felt Yiheng's large hand on his hand.

"Wife….will you give me a chance to win your love for me? I promise I will give my everything."

Bai Yuan lost all connections with the orbiting Earth and stood there blankly, is he alright? Does my love actually matter to him?

He was pulled inside the Earth with a loud scream from upstairs, "BROTHER! SISTER-IN-LAW! HURRYYY UPPP!"

Bai Yuan looked at Yiheng first who was still holding his hand but was smiling at Mo-er and then looked at the lady on the top of the stairs. She was jumping and waving and a tall handsome man was holding her back from behind.

Bai Yuan took a deep breath inside and then slowly relaxed his body. He softly squeezed Yiheng's hand and took a big step ahead, tugging him along, "Let's go, partner. We need to put on a great show today."

Finally, after finishing all the stairs, they reached the top but Bai Yuan was really in a worrisome state. He was trying his best to stay still despite his tired, shaking legs and catch his breath. The audience came to them and Mo-er jumped to hug Bai Yuan first.

"Oh my God, finally I'm meeting you after so many years, Sister-in-law!"

"I'm glad to meet you too, Princess. Drop the titles, just call me whatever you are comfortable with." Looking closely, Yiheng and Mo-er didn't look alike but both of them had warm bottomless golden eyes in common. Nonetheless, her features were stunning. Long brown hair, cherry blossom eyes, sharp nose, and plump bright lips.