Chapter-22 Warm feeling

A.N: Aaaaaa! We've reached 120K reads! This was possible only because of you guys. Thank youuuu (⁠灬⁠º⁠‿⁠º⁠灬⁠)⁠♡
ILY
Here is a  bonus update to express my gratitude and love to you (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡
I hope you'll like it.

Coming back to the present.

Wang Yiheng sat in a chamber that looked like an office room for officials of higher rank. The room was spacious and had about ten to twelve bookshelves made from the finest woods, filled with scrolls and books from every field of knowledge. There were wall hangings, paintings and sculptures made by the top artists of the empire. Wang Yiheng pushed aside the last paper of imperial court matters after putting on a seal at the end of the scroll. It meant, it got approved by the Emperor. 

Wang Yiheng stood up from his seat after keeping the ink pen on its stand and walked out of the room to go to his chamber. He was passing by a beautiful garden and suddenly came to stop under a big oak tree.

"How long do you plan to follow me, Xue Ying?" 

A man appeared behind him as soon as his name was called. Xue Ying was his bodyguard and informer that very few people knew about. He was like Wang Yiheng's shadow, well trained and very good at hiding his presence. He was also the one who delivered the 'rumour' of Bai Yuan attending the hunt.

"Master, your humble servant greets you." Xue Ying bowed.

"Did you find out what I sent you to know about?" Wang Yiheng stood with his hands behind him, his sight hovering over the dancing flowers.

Xue Ying nodded and spoke in a calm tone, "Master, as you had expected, almost all of the letters that were sent to you in the name of his Highness, consort Bai, were fake and fabricated. This servant has been keeping an eye on all of the servants and tried to interrogate a few secretly. What I heard was really-"

"Don't stop in the middle. Report all of it" Wang Yiheng ordered, not looking at Xue Ying at all.

"I beg pardon, master. That night what consort Bai said in his fatigue state was not wrong, in your absence, he was maltreated and his enemies went so far as to make his murder look like an accident. They knew his Highness didn't know how to swim, took advantage and finding the chance pushed him in the pond, a few weeks ago. But it was not only pushing in the water, he was being poisoned with a slow poison that leads to hallucinations and weakens the core of the body, slowly leading to death."

Hearing all these Wang Yiheng's complexions darkened and his hands clenched together in tight fists behind him.

Xue Ying continued, "Master, when I went to confirm the poisoning case the royal physician denied it completely and told me that I was mistaken, but His Highness's personal physician who has been taking care of him since the crown prince has been born, told me otherwise. Both of their reports are conflicting."

"Xue Ying, it's very simple, someone from the inside is involved in this crime and they're not even trying to hide properly." Wang Yiheng replied with a cold voice, "They took it that far." 

One thing Wang Yiheng caught on quickly, some people didn't want Bai Yuan to live and so manipulated every action of his to finish Bai Yuan off, before he could return to the palace. These were those overly-ambitious people who had been trying to impose marriages on him with the name of 'Increasing power and territory Strategy' since the day he ascended the throne. He knew that they didn't like the fact that he married a General's son, not a princess from another country or the eldest daughter of Ministry Lu. But marrying Bai Yuan was something his Queen mother suggested him to do, how could he not listen to her? She never did anything that would harm him.