Chapter 36- The Princes

A.N: I'm back. I'm finally done with all my exams and you'll be glad to know that I got into my country's top engineering university and will be starting my major in Architecture very soon. It all happened because you, my readers, were always with me. Your support and love have brought me so far that I cannot help but wipe tears from the corner of my eyes. Thank you so much for everything.

I know I could not update frequently but I'm kinda sad to notice that there is so many reads but so less votes. Am I that undeserving,? TwT I really hope my writing style isn't degrading. If it does, please don't hesitate to point it out.

Happy reading ~

***

The way to Crown Palace was in reality quite long and tiresome from the Main Palace. However, Bai Yuan was so lost in chatting with Wang Mo-er about her sons that they didn't realize when and how they all reached the courtyard of the Crown Palace. As soon as Mo-er stepped inside the Palace, a series of maidservants dashed towards her with many things in their hands. They stood in a line and bowed their heads at 90° towards the Crown Prince and Princess, then their honorable guests. Before Wang Mo-er could explain the situation, one maid opened a folding wooden chair, another maid took out a clean handkerchief, another one brought a small tub full of water and again another maid stepped ahead with a fresh drink in her hands.

The maids, "Your Highness, please, take a seat. Your legs must be tired."

"Your Highness, please allow me to wipe your hands and feet so that you don't feel sweaty and uncomfortable."

"Your Highness, please take a sip to wet your throats."

Wang Mo-er, "Not again.... That's the sole reaso-" Before she could complete her displeasure, she saw a maid coming towards them carrying a large fan, running at her best speed, "I avoid taking a walk in the Crown Palace....Ugh"

Bai Yuan chuckled lightly and asked, "Why do you say that princess? They're here to take care of you, aren't they?"

Wang Mo-er linked her arms with him and leaned on his shoulder, "Sighs, you don't understand, YuanYuan. They don't even let me out of my bed. Every day I have to fight my way out. It's not even my first pregna-!!!"

Suddenly, both Bai Yuan and Wang Mo-er felt heavier touches around their waists. Their eyes widened in surprise when they suddenly found themselves nestled inside their respective spouses' arms. Wang Mo-er looked at Bai Yuan with embarrassment, but Bai Yuan looked even more embarrassed than her and seemed like he wanted to disappear into the unknown ASAP. On the other hand, there was a spark between Wang Yiheng and Shen Haixiong when their eyes met. Xu Ying followed them with a fast-asleep Baby Yeye in his arms, behind him there were a few maids who were carrying the humble gifts Bai Yuan bought for the princes on his way.

To ease up the situation, Bai Yuan curiously asked, "Princess, where are the little princes?"

Wang Mo-er elbowed Shen Haixiong in his torso and freed herself to again go and link arms with Bai Yuan. This time there was a one-sided spark between Bai Yuan and Shen Haixiong when Bai Yuan stole a glance at him. He nervously patted Wang Mo-er's back of the hand, "Shouldn't you take some rest, princess? You've been walking with us for so long. We have to eat lunch with everyone after this. You should take some rest before the meal starts."

Wang Mo-er looked at him with a hurt expression but she too could sense that her body was feeling heavier than usual. She dropped her head in sorrow and bade farewell. Before leaving she told her husband, "Honey, I'll hand them to you. Take good care of them. Also, don't forget to inform the nannies about the lunch. Our princes must join us."

Shen Haixiong sweetly pecked his cute wife on the lips and assured her that her tasks would be done, "I will come to escort you when it's time, so rest well, hn?"

Bai Yuan marveled at their adorable chemistry while Wang Yiheng coughed in embarrassment. The one distributing dog food was his sister after all...

Wang Mo-er waved at them before being escorted to her bedchamber by the maidservants. On the other side, Shen Haixiong guided them further inside the Crown Palace. They were chit-chatting about the statues and sculptures on the palace grounds when they suddenly heard loud galloping sounds. No sooner had they understood the situation, they found a golden horse coming towards them at its highest speed. Bai Yuan was terrified instantly, reflexively covering his head with his arms but soon felt a bigger shade over his head. When he looked up, it was Yiheng who went immediately to cover Yuan with his body before him and stared straight at the horse with menacing golden eyes. Bai Yuan's heart was beating like crazy. Shen Haixiong looked unusually relaxed and waved at them to not worry.

"Yiheng, consort Bai, it won't harm us. So don't panic."

Unexpectedly, they saw a small head tilting towards them from the back of the horse. When the view became more clear, it was actually a toddler with his head full of black hair. He looked like the small version of Shen Haixiong. Bai Yuan's eyes shot open in excitement and surprise, he blinked for a moment and asked in a startled tone, "Is that the first prince? Shen Haiying?"

Bai Yuan was infact dumbfounded inside, he's already horse riding? Wasn't he only around 4 or something??

Haixiong looked proud as he admitted, "Yes, that's our, Ying-er."

He gestured with his hands to tell Haiying to stop the horse. When the horse came near in the vision, it wasn't actually a horse, moreover, it was just a golden pony. Haiying reduced the speed skillfully and slowly came to a stop before them. Wang Yiheng kept silently observing until he stepped down from the pony. Haiying stood politely and bowed properly, "Prince Haiying, greets Uncle Yiheng and Consort Bai. Welcome to our humble accommodation." He then looked ahead to meet their eyes.

Shen Haixiong was first to move and pat his son proudly, "Yiheng, this is your nephew that you've been waiting to meet."

Haiying gave Yiheng a sincere bow to greet him but his lovely doe eyes seemed to have met something more interesting than his uncle. Bai Yuan followed his curious gaze and looked behind Yiheng to find Yeye in Xu Ying's arms. He smiled softly and crouched to the same level as the prince, "Prince Haiying, nice to meet you. Why won't you call me Uncle Yuan? If you do, I'll introduce you to my little pumpkin, too."

Shen Haixiong chuckled softly as he caressed Haiying's head full of sophisticated black hair, "He loves small children as much as Mo-er. I hope these cousins will get along well. Right, Yiheng?"

Yiheng also nodded in agreement and turned his head towards Xu Ying who seemed to have moved aside in a more safe place with Yeye right after he heard the pony running towards them.

"Come here."